2.

"What do you think Tessa's reaction will be?" I asked, turning my head to look at the man beside me. Cade shook his head and shrugged his shoulders "Probably something along the lines of 'Oh my god dad you bought a truck? What the hell possessed you to do that?'..." he mimicked, raising his voice a couple of octaves to impersonate the voice of his daughter "...And then I'll tell her that buying the truck was your idea" he continued, now turning into the driveway of the Yeager homestead. 

My mouth fell open in shock before I lightly slapped Cades arm "Hey! It wasn't my idea, you just decided to buy it-" "Well you found it!" he argued, hitting me back before focusing back on the road. I rolled my eyes and chuckled sarcastically whilst folding my arms over my chest "That still doesn't mean that it was my idea" I pouted, turning away from my friend. Cade could only chuckle as he got out of the car with me following close behind. 

The truck was being towed into the driveway, with Cade directing the driver of the tow-truck to a stop. Lucas could only sigh as he leaned against his car, wishing that he had never spent his money on some stupid rusted vehicle. The sound of a door opening and closing caught my attention, as I turned her head to see the familiar blonde teenager, wearing a pink flannel shirt as well as...very, very short shorts stormed over to her father "A truck!? Dad, please tell me you didn't spend our money on that" she begged, staring up at her father with an annoyed expression. "Oh no don't worry, he spent mine and Y/n's money, all 150 bucks of it" Lucas whined,  "Well technically Cade only used $20 from me, the rest was yours" I stated, again brushing the hair out of my face. "Its an advance on your regular paycheck" Cade explained, looking over at Lucas who now stood beside me.

 "What regular paycheck?"

"Which you will get back"

"When?"

"Never we're broke" Tessa interrupted, walking over to me.

"I knew it" Lucas mumbled, causing me to roll my eyes. "Sweetheart, could you not drive a wedge between employer and employees?" Cade ordered, giving his daughter a stern look "Wait I thought we were partners?" I stated. Now it was my turn to give him a stern look, one in which made Cade shiver slightly, "Look I came up short, okay I had to buy her a prom dress you want me to deny her a prom dress?" he asked us, looking between us for some kind of reaction "Might as well you denied her a prom date" Lucas stated, now shifting his position. "No, I offered to take her and chaperone-" "No one wants to go to the dance with their dad, it's weird" Lucas cringed, whilst Tessa nodded her head in agreement. The three continued to argue, whilst I walked over to the tow-truck, looking up at the driver who seemed to be a kind old man.

"Excuse me, would you mind backing the truck into the barn?" I asked him nicely, a small and fake smile forming on my face. The old man chuckled, and nodded his head "Of course sweetheart. You need to get away from these people, I could tell just by watching you that they were doing your head in" he stated. My fake smile turned into a real one, before I chuckled breathlessly and nodded my head at "You have no idea..." I responded "...I'll get the door for you" I finished, walking away from the truck and towards the barn. Once I had opened the doors, I directed the old man into the barn, waving my arms and telling him which way to go. Once he was in the right position, I clenched my fist as a signal to stop. Once the engine had been turned off, I walked up and unhooked everything before walking back up to the driver "Thank you so much" I mumbled, smiling up at him. The old man chuckled once more "No worries, anytime..." He replied, tipping his hat slightly in a kind gesture before starting the truck and driving away.

I checked over the truck, seeing what we had to deal with here. Damn, this truck was in a bad condition. Rust pretty much covered everything, parts were rusting away and pits and pieces were just falling off randomly. I sighed to myself, knowing that this thing was going to take a lot of hard work to fix. I tuned out of the conversation that Cade, Tessa and Lucas were having once more and continued to focus on the truck, now crawling underneath the truck to inspect the damage. Although when Cade grumbled 'Purple people eater's back and she looks hungry', I couldn't help but laugh which earnt me a disapproving look from Tessa "Don't encourage him" she snapped, folding her arms over her chest and staring over at me. I rolled my eyes "Tess, I think you need to calm down a little, Cade is trying his best to provide for you and with being grumpy about it all the time just makes it harder" I stated, which only got me a sigh in return.

I watched as both Lucas and Tessa walked out of the barn, leaving me alone. I wouldn't admit it out loud, but i'm starting to think that this family is starting to fall apart. I understand that Cade is trying to provide for his family, but maybe he's going a bit overboard with it. All I could do was sigh and continue one with my work, I wasn't going to get involved with their feud, and to do that all I had to do was remain quiet, and keep my opinions to myself.