25.

I laid still on the grass beside Optimus as Lockdown approached. I was too scared to try and run, my body was shaking so violently I didn't think I even had the strength to stand. "Optimus, come on please, get up!" I cried at him, feeling angry and sad tears begin to roll down my cheeks. "I-I can't...get out of here" he stuttered, trying to sit up but failing to do so. It hurt my heart to see him like this, to see him so weak and so vulnerable. Ignoring my shaky and aching body, I quickly jumped up and raced over to him, skillfully climbing onto his chestplate to examine the damage caused. "What are you doing!? If you don't leave he'll kill you" Optimus warned, as he lifted his servo to try and gently remove me from him. However, I forcefully pushed his servo away from my person and glared at him "I'm not going to let him take you, not after everything that's happened..." I whispered, my voice cracking as heartfelt tears fell from my eyes. 

I couldn't stop myself from crying, certainly not when Optimus looked down at me with a mixed expression. There was anger, worry and something else I couldn't quite pick up until his optics softened on my form. Adoration. "I feel sorry for you Prime..." The voice of Lockdown sounded from behind, to which I whirled around at and glared harshly up at the Decepticon "...Your allegiance to these human, the trouble with loyalty to a cause, is that the cause will always betray you" he spoke darkly, before looking over at me with a sinister glare. "Who sent you here?" Optimus rasped, attempting to sit up once more but I placed my hand on his chestplate again, signalling him to stay down. Lockdown shook his head in disbelief "Where do you think you came from?" he asked "You think you were born? Ha, no, you were built, and your creators want you back. We all work for something" he snarled as he stood up, now casting a dangerous glare down at me. "Move, or you will be moved" he growled, pointing an accusing digit at me. I stood up defiantly and balled my hands into fists, my knuckles turning white from the pressure. I wouldn't move, and deep down I had a feeling that Lockdown knew I wouldn't move either. With a loud vent and a roll of his optics, he swung his arm sideways knocking me off of Optimus's chestplate and onto the grass beside the highway, where I rolled down the small hill eventually coming to a stop. A loud gasp escaped my lips as all of the air left my lungs, pain immediately spreading through my body as I lay completely still. 

"Y/N! NO!" Optimus cried, as a large net was thrown over his form as well as the car he was lying on top of. I painfully rolled over onto my side, staring up at Lockdown with hate filled eyes as he motioned to the ship above him to move away. The ship began to pull away, taking Optimus and the car with it as it lifted them up off the ground. "N-No! NO STOP!" I cried, shakily getting onto my feet once more and trying to make my way back up onto the road. Strong arms suddenly wrapped around my waist, pulling me close and forcing me onto the ground. "Y/n, there's nothing we can do..." Cade mumbled into my ear sadly, holding me close to his chest in a comforting way. But I refused to give up. I struggled against his hold ignoring the pain that continued to erupt from my body, and ignoring that fact that I couldn't breath properly. "OPTIMUS!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, watching as Lockdowns ship flew away ignoring my screams of protest. "Cade! Warn the Autobots!" The Prime shouted, as he was finally hauled away and out of sight.

Reluctantly I gave in, collapsing into Cades arms as I cried loudly, burying my face into his chest to hide my sobs. "It's okay, he'll be okay I promise" Cade whispered, trying to comfort me in my distressed state. In that moment, I felt my heart break. I'd lost him, he had been taken away by that bastard Decepticon. Immense anger began to form in my chest as I cuddled into Cade, with Shane and Tessa standing around not sure of what to do. 

Never had I felt so empty, or so alone in all my life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

After an hour or so, the other Autobots had found us and assessed the damage done. Cade told them that Optimus had been taken by Lockdown as I was not strong enough to do so, and now everyone was coming up with a plan on how to get the Autobot Leader back.

Well, all except me.

The little bot who I had come to know as Brains, tended to the large gash on the side of my forehead, which I didn't know was there until Bumblebee had pointed it out and made a big fuss over it. Cade and Shane tried to come up with a plan with Drift, Crosshairs and Bumblebee. Both Tessa and I sat in the back of Hound's alt-mode, as he was a military style vehicle he was bound to have some medical supplies stored somewhere, which luckily he did. "I'm sorry about Optimus..." Tessa spoke quietly, playing with her hands awkwardly. I chuckled "Don't worry about it Tess, it's not your fault" I told her, glancing over at Brains as he found some rubbing alcohol and bandages. "I know...it's just, I've noticed that you and Optimus have gotten really close so..." she trailed off, looking up at me with a small smile. I laughed and shook my head as Brains began to clean my wound, gently wiping away the blood as best as he could. 

"Yeah, we have gotten pretty close huh?" I said, more as a statement than a question. I heard Hound chuckle from his alt-mode "Pretty close my ass, if I didn't know any better I'd say you were more than pretty close" he teased. I rolled my eyes as a small blush again crept up onto my cheeks, "I hate you guys so much" I mumbled, causing Tessa and Hound to laugh loudly. "There you go Y/n, all done" Brains announced, tossing the bloodied bandages aside and admiring his handiwork. It was now only a dark red line, all the blood had dried up and the wound was clean "Thanks Brains" I smiled at him, before my gaze fell to the ground.

My thoughts drifted back to Optimus, wondering what was happening to him right now. Lockdown would pay for what he did to Optimus, I'd make sure of it. I lifted my head as I heard the sound of someone approaching, only to meet the eyes of Cade who held a sympathetic smile. "Hey, how're you doing?" He asked, looking down at me in concern. I shrugged my shoulders "I'm alright, my head hurts a little but I think I'm alright" I told him, earning a nod of approval from my best friend. "Good, because we're leaving right now" He stated, ushering both Tessa and I to get up "What? Why?" Tessa asked, standing up beside me. Cade spun around and threw out his arms as he walked backwards towards Bumblebee "Bee picked something up on the radio, a giant alien ship has been seen hovering over Chicago..." he stated, opening the passenger side door of Bees alt-mode. "Wait, Chicago? Haven't we already caused enough trouble there?" I asked him, "Well you want Prime back don't you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and giving me a knowing expression. I fell silent, knowing that Cade was right. I nodded my head and stood up, jogging over to the driver side door of Bees alt-mode. 

"Well then, what are we waiting for?" I announced, quickly climbing inside. Cade followed, closely followed by Tessa and Shane who jumped in the back seat. "Alright, let's get~our boy back!" Bumblebee broadcasted over the radio, earning a 'Hell yeah!' from Hound as the four Autobots began to drive away, heading back to Chicago.