40.

A strangled sob left my lips as I collapsed to my knees, watching as Lockdown loomed over Optimus with a dark glare. "You saved the humans instead of saving yourself" Lockdown sneered, pressing the Prime's helm against the silo, "You bring shame upon us all" he continued, before standing up to leave. Without warning, Cade took the decepticon weapon from my side and ran out of the building, directing his line of fire towards the bounty hunter who was attempting to flee. Seeing this as a distraction, Optimus swung his pede and tripped the bounty hunter, attempting to lure him away from Cade. "Y/n! Go now!" Cade yelled, just as Lockdown fired towards him, blowing up a small section of the wall behind him. Just as I began to stand up and make a dash towards Optimus, a blur of yellow in the corner of my eye caught my attention, as Bumblebee skidded to a stop, opening his doors and allowing both Shane and Tessa to jump out. A small smile fell upon my lips as Bumblebee sped away, whilst Shane and Tessa made their way towards a tow-truck close by before climbing inside. Bumblebee then swiftly spun around, transforming mid-drive before throwing a stationary truck towards Lockdown, successfully distracting him.

Seeing this as my chance, I sprinted through the battlefield towards Optimus, who was struggling to pull his sword out of his chest. His optics landed on my form as I approached, widening in shock as I began to climb up his side. "I gave you an order!" he shouted down at me, watching closely as I carefully made my way onto his chestplate. Once I reached his chestplate, I stared up at him with a stern expression, "I know, and I didn't listen" I responded, looking down and inspecting the damage caused. Optimus moved, letting out a pained groan which only made the damage the damage worse, "Y/n, you need to leave, now" Optimus pleaded softly, lifting his servo and gently brushing away my hands. I groaned and shoved his servo away, now staring up at him with tear-filled eyes. "No! I'm not leaving you..." I snapped, placing my hands firmly on his chestplate in defiance, "I left you once when you were abducted by that psycho, I'm not leaving you again" I told him sternly, gesturing over to Lockdown who was still caught up fighting Bumblebee and Cade.

"Hey you! Hey!" Cade shouted, catching Lockdown's attention as he turned towards Cade with an annoyed expression on his faceplate. Optimus suddenly began to move once again, almost knocking me off balance as he attempted to remove the sword from his chest "Cade! Get out of here, this is my fight!" The Prime cried, as sparks began to fly from his chest. I began to panic, gently reaching up and placing my right hand on his faceplate. "You need to stop moving, at this rate you'll only make it worse" I told him quietly, trying to prevent myself from crying in front of the mech. Listening to my words, Optimus remained still, looking down at me with sad and worried optics. "I'll get you out of this okay?" I whispered softly, my voice barely audible amongst the sound of battle behind us. "It's my fight!" Lockdown shouted, repeating what Optimus had stated earlier before slamming Bee onto the ground, "And you're all going to die!".

The tow-truck from earlier drove onto the battlefield with Shane at the wheel, wrapping the tow-cable around Lockdown's legs, tripping him over and causing him to land on his side. The bounty hunter landed beside Cade with a loud thud, swinging his arm wildly in attempt to hit Cade with the blade on his wrist. Now, Lockdown was focused on Cade, as he stabbed violently at the ground, bringing the blade closer and closer to Cade. Looking back up to Optimus, I gave him a quick smile before jumping off his chestplate, landing on the ground with a loud thud. "Y/n! Don't do it!" Optimus cried as I flagged down Shane, luckily getting him to stop inches away from my person. I ran up to the drivers side and motioned towards Optimus, "Hook that cable around the sword in his chest and give it everything you've got! This is our last shot!" I instructed him, before turning away. "Wait, what are you gonna do!?" Shane yelled, causing me to stop in my tracks. I turned back to face the Irishman and shrugged my shoulders "I don't know, hopefully become a distraction!" I responded, before running right into the fray.

Cade had been pinned to the ground by Lockdown, who was poised and ready to strike. Cupping my hands over my mouth, I called out to the decepticon, causing his attention to turn away from Cade and to focus on me. His optics narrowed as he stood up, stalking towards me with his sword at his side. "Y/n!" Cade yelled, as Lockdown began to target me, swinging his arm in every direction, attempting to make contact with my body. Eventually falling over, Lockdown saw his chance and transformed his hand into some sort of pincer, pinning me to the ground and trapping me in place. I began to squirm, attempting to free myself from the bounty hunter's grip. "You see my face, and your life is done!" he cried, aiming his weapon directly towards my face. Whimpering slightly, I cowered away from the bounty hunter, not wanting the decepticon to be the last thing to see in my final moments. 

Suddenly, a large battle cry broke through the sounds of explosions and metal against metal, as the sword was ripped from Optimus's chest. Swiftly pulling himself up, he then caught the blade with his servos and jumped into the air, impaling the decepticon straight through his spark. Lockdown fell forward onto his servos and knees, looming over the top of me as he let out an animalistic groan, with green energon gushing from his mouth. With a final cry of effort, Optimus lifted his sword upwards, splitting the decepticon in two before casting him aside, letting Lockdown's body collapse to the ground carelessly. "Yeah!" Shane shouted in victory, as the battlefield around us finally fell silent. Looking up at Optimus, our gazes met, and I smiled softly, grateful that he was safe, and that this battle was finally over. The Prime then turned his gaze towards Cade, nodding his helm in thanks, "Honour, to the end" He spoke lowly, before turning back to face me.

Without warning, the silo to my right exploded, the missile coming from the army of decepticons headed our way. "Hurry!" Optimus beckoned as Tessa, Shane, Cade and myself took cover behind Optimus's shield. "Quickly, I'm setting off Lockdown's grenade" the Prime informed, lowering his servo and wrapping us in his grip. "Hold tight!" He shouted, before his pedes suddenly transformed themselves into rockets boosters, taking off just as the grenade exploded, covering the ground below in molten metal.