23.

Loud shouts and running feet were all I heard as I slowly jogged down a large corridor, trying to look the part as a scientist running towards one of the labs. I passed other scientists, armoured guards and a few expensively dressed people on my way passed. "Y/n, where are you?" The voice of Optimus asked, he sounded panicked, like something had disturbed him greatly. I now found myself in a large open space, with windows pretty much covering every surface of the building. A small staircase was close by, and there was a revolving door which I could use as an exit. 

I shrugged my shoulders and threw my hands up in the air in exasperation "I have no idea where I am, this place is too big it's like a maze in here" I replied, spinning around on the spot with a worried expression. I suddenly heard loud, metallic footsteps running towards the building, and turned to see Crosshairs jump through the windows, shattering glass onto the floor and onto me in the process. Next was Hound, who dived through the window and commando rolled onto his side, before getting to his pedes and running passed me with Crosshairs following close behind. Lastly, I turned my gaze towards the doors and spotted Optimus, who charged through the glass with his elbow, sending glass shards everywhere. I threw my arms over my head in protection, only to be swept up by the Prime as he charged through the KSI Headquarters. He placed me on his shoulderplate as he ran, before holding his gun firmly in his servos. 

"Well, that was some entrance!..." I called out to them, earning a loud laugh from Hound "You bet it was! We mean business!" He cried back, continuing to charge on towards their destination. "Where are we going?" I asked the Prime, as he charged forward, taking the lead from Crosshairs "There's a Basement which holds all of KSI's prototypes, we're headed there to destroy them" He replied, entering through a large white door. Inside were what looked like large white shipping containers, and scientists and guards all seemed to be going about their daily routine, not noticing what was happening. Crosshairs jumped on top of one of the shipping containers and fired his gun into the air, sending everyone in the room into a frenzy. "Get out! All of you!" Optimus shouted, whilst Hound jumped over another container "Science Fair's over meatbags!" he cried, destroying a large blue container off to the side. "Destroy the lab! Destroy it all!" Optimus ordered, before he too began to shoot and destroy every piece of machinery in sight. I held on tightly to his shoulderplate, being careful with his sudden movements so I wouldn't fall off, but right now that was the least of my worries. 

"Guys it's me! Break me out of this Frankenstein box!" I heard a voice shout, causing me to turn my head to make eye contact with a small bot with electric blue wires for hair. "Hound!" I called, to which he turned around to face me waiting for me to speak. I simply pointed towards the small bot and he nodded, breaking the glass and allowing the little bot to climb up his arm. "Hey!" I suddenly heard someone shout, turning my head to meet the angry eyes of Joshua Joyce "Stop! That's company property!" he yelled. "They're not your property..." Optimus accused, pointing a digit in the CEO's direction "...They were my friends" he continued, his tone of voice changing from angry to sad. Hound reloaded his large gun from beside us, and the little bot climbed down onto the barrel "Awww ain't talkin' so much now you got Hound in front of ya huh?" he taunted, a faint smile forming on my face in amusement. "Go ahead..." Joshua challenged "Show us your true colours once and for all" he finished, looking up at all of us with an emotionless face. "Just give me the word, I'll splatter him" Hound mumbled towards the Prime, who held out his servo as a sign to stand down. "Why don't you tell itchy fingers here, that this is all the spoils of war..." Joshua began, gesturing to all the destroyed equipment, and the dismembered Autobot parts that lay sprawled around the area, "Dead metal, innovation. What we do here is science, because if we don't do it somebody else will, because you cannot stop technology". I turned my head to look at Optimus, his optics were narrowed menacingly at the man standing in front of him, and his lips were pressed into a firm line. Something in Joshua's words must have made him snap, because Optimus suddenly stormed over to a pile of scrap metal and kicked it "We are not your technology!" he yelled angrily, sending the metal flying through a glass panel just beside Joshua. 

Joshua cowered away from the shattered glass before standing up with a look of annoyance on his face. "Let me vaporise his ass..." Hound mumbled to the Prime, his tone darkening with every second we stayed here. "I broke the code...I own your whole genome" Joshua spoke up defiantly, the hint of a smirk gracing his expression. "The world will know what's you're doing here" Optimus challenged glaring down at the CEO, "The world? The world will approve. We can make you now, don't you get it? We don't need you anymore" Joshua finished, his voice full of spite. I turned to look around at the Autobots, and saw hurt expressions pass over their faceplates, especially Optimus, who looked completely and utterly betrayed. He vented loudly and stood up straight, opening his mouth to speak when I interrupted him "Let's go, we've already caused enough damage..." I announced, looking over to Crosshairs who slowly nodded, and then to Hound who nodded also. I then turned to Optimus, who shook his helm and turned on his heel, deciding that he should let this confrontation go. 

"And don't think you're not in trouble too Missy!" Joshua called out to me in a fit of anger. Optimus stopped abruptly and made a move to spin around, but stopped himself when I placed my hand comfortingly on his shoulderplate. He looked down at me with a confused expression, his optics narrowing in concern. "It's not worth it..." I told him, smiling up at him warmly "Let's just go". He continued to stare at me a little longer, his gaze fell as another vent escaped him, before he hesitantly began to walk away, leaving the basement and leaving a fuming Joshua Joyce behind. 

"We're done!? What, we're not gonna kick a little bit of ass?" The small bot shouted questioningly, only making me laugh softly in return.