26.

Chicago was in a state of chaos. Civilians were running around in a state of panic, ushering their children inside buildings or they were running away from the giant alien ship in the sky. "Why hasn't it taken off yet?" Shane asked, as both Cade and I kept an eye out for the ship, following it the entire way. I noticed that the ship was descending and my stomach began to twist with nerves "Come on Bee it's descending, you have to get on it" Cade announced, as the yellow Autobot chirped in response before increasing his speed, the other bots following closely behind. 

We kept driving until we reached the descended ship, as it had stopped beside a bridge giving us the perfect opportunity to climb aboard. Cade, Shane, Tessa and I quickly jumped out of Bee's alt-mode and made our way to the edge of the bridge, looking for a place to safely jump onto. Suddenly, the ships engines started up again, slowly thrusting it skyward. We were running out of time. "Bee, come on!" Cade called, and turned towards the ship once more. I was getting desperate, we needed to board this thing now. "That's a bad idea..." Hound mumbled, loading his gun with a small jerk of his arm "But I'm all about bad ideas" he finished, quickly picking me up and placing me on his shoulderplate. Stepping back to get a run-up, Hound charged forward and jumped, clinging on to the side of the ship with a loud clang. We climbed on top of the ship, and I caught up to Cade, Shane and Tessa, jogging quickly over to them. "This is crazy..." Shane muttered, looking down at an opening that we could use to get in, "Hey, if you want to cut and run you better do it now" Cade snapped, turning towards the Irish boy beside him. Shane opened his mouth to retaliate, but before he could even speak Tessa interrupted them "Can you guys stop arguing for once? We're here to get Optimus so stop acting so childish!" she snapped, causing everyone to fall silent. Crosshairs and I laughed loudly at Cade and Shane's shocked faces "Well, I didn't expect that" he mused, to which I nodded my head in response. 

I was the first person to enter the ship, trying not to slip as I slid down the steep incline. I reached the floor first, followed by Drift, then Crosshairs. "We're behind enemy lines now" Hound announced, sliding down onto the floor "Lockdown's ship has booby-traps, eyes open" he ordered, standing beside me. Bumblebee climbed down last, with Tessa, Shane and Cade clinging onto him for dear life. Crosshairs began to name all the sorts of traps that would possibly be on board before finally stopping at radiation, "Thanks Crosshairs, that makes us all feel safe" I muttered sarcastically. "Ha, sorry" he replied smugly, "We must be quick, we have the element of surprise, let's try to use violence as a last resort" Drift announced, holding his blades close ready to take action if needed. Just as he finished speaking, a metal tentacle of some sort escaped it's cage, startling the Samurai enough for him to spin around and slice the tentacle in half, continuously slicing at it until it was no more. "It's not alive anymore..." Drift announced proudly, a triumphant look settling on his faceplate.

"Well we looked, they're not here, let's go" Crosshairs snapped, throwing his arms up in defeat. I spun around on my heel to face the bright green mech "What? I'm not going anywhere without Optimus!" I shouted, staring up at him angrily. Crosshairs slipped his gun back inside his coat tails and pointed an accusing digit at me "I'm unclear, what's in it for me?" he asked, lightly shoving me backwards. I opened my mouth to protest "What's in it for you!?" I replied in shock, not believing what I was hearing from the mech. The sound of a gun reloading caught my attention, as Hound aimed his gun directly at Crosshairs's helm "Easy, easy, let's use words" the bright green mech warned, holding his servos up in defence. "What's in it for you, is I don't kill ya. We're getting the boss back, and if you have a problem with that you can talk to Y/n, about it. Because I know she's not gonna leave until we get Optimus back. Copy?" Hound snarled, removing his gun from Crosshairs. Crosshairs nodded his helm in  understanding "Okay okay, very persuasive..." He replied, "Alright then, we'll need to sabotage something..." the bright green mech continued. "Better hurry...the dark matter drives are preparing to take off" Drift stated, "Well, I'd give us 10 minutes".