32.

Inside the ship, everything was quiet.

No one spoke a word, it was like reality had set in, and everyone was suddenly scared of what was going to happen. I sat on the opposite side of Tessa and Shane, leaning against the wall of the ship whilst Cade and Optimus sat on the other side of the room. Both Bee and Drift were in their alt-modes, whilst Hound and Crosshairs were in the cockpit. 

"When you said you were done with fighting for humans, you didn't mean that did you?" I heard Cade mumble, questioning the Prime as he looked up at the mech. I couldn't help but listen in to the conversation, which I probably shouldn't have done. "How many more of my kind must be sacrificed to atone for your mistakes?" Optimus asked rhetorically, not expecting the question to be answered. My heart clenched, making a wave of sadness wash over me. "Well what do you think being human means? That's what we do" Cade retorted, "We make mistakes. Sometimes out of those mistakes come the most amazing things" he explained as Optimus stood, still turning to face him. "When I fixed you, it was for a reward. That was it. That was why, for money. But Y/n, she saw something in you that day, and convinced me that maybe I didn't need the money. As long as I had my friends, and my family, I would be okay. She changed my opinion of you...and it was me making the mistake" Cade trailed off before continuing. "Without you we wouldn't be here, so if you've got no faith in us, I'm asking you to do what I do, I'm asking you to look at the junk and see the treasure" he finished. Optimus lowered his gaze in thought, his once bright optics now turning a sadder shade of blue.

"And you can be sure as hell that you've seen the treasure, because she's sitting right over there" Cade stated, pointing over in my direction. Suddenly, both mine and Optimus's gazes met, and a weird feeling began to stir within my chest. It was that spark we had both been missing, and I'm pretty sure Optimus felt it too, as his optics softened on my form in a way I never thought possible. It wasn't just simple adoration anymore...it was love, and the thought made a small, loving smile tug at the corners of my lips. 

"You gotta have faith Prime, because she has a lot of faith in you".