27.

"We're almost ready to separate!" Hound announced, pressing a few buttons and fiddling with a few controls in the cockpit. Optimus entered, with me still perched on his shoulderplate "Hurry, he's launching" "All over it boss" Hound stated, pressing more buttons. "Lockdown will be in deep space before he realises I'm gone"Optimus urged, running up to the large screen shielding us from the outside conditions and casting a worried glance back toward the army green bot.

"I'm a sucky pilot, let's give it a whirl!" Hound mumbled, suddenly detaching the smaller ship from the larger spacecraft. I clung onto Optimus's shoulderplate tightly as the ship fell forward, nosediving downwards and flipping over before the engines finally kicked in. I sighed in relief as the Autobots began to cheer, Hound hollering loudly whilst Drift fist pumped the air. Optimus silently rejoiced, no doubt happy to escape the clutches of the bounty hunter. Silence fell over the cockpit as the ship passed over Chicago, the only sound was the steady hum of the engines. "So, what do we do now?" Drift asked, walking over to stand beside Hound. Optimus turned to face the two bots, looking over to me to see if I had anything to say. "We should meet up with the others, no doubt Cade would want to know if we're okay..." I told them, "Alright, sounds like a plan" the army green mech stated, before changing direction to follow Bumblebee's signal which had appeared on the ships scanners.

"Wait, hang on just a damn second. We have a ship now, so why don't we just leave?" Crosshairs suggested, throwing his arms up in the air in exasperation. My eyes widened "You can't leave, we need you. There's something bigger going and it's something humans can't handle-" "Listen here missy, why should we stick around when all humans have done for us is kill our friends and treat us like monsters?" the bright green mech interjected, staring up at me with angry optics. My gaze fell as I sighed softly, Crosshairs was right. What had humans done to deserve the Autobots help? Nothing. We killed their friends, comrades, and quite literally alienated them from society. We made them look like a threat, when in reality all they wanted was to be accepted and to work together. "He's got a point you know..." Hound mumbled quietly, looking around at the other bots before his optics landed on me. I lifted my head to look at them all, including Optimus who had remained silent this whole time, "You know, not all humans are bad. What about Cade? Shane? Tessa and myself?-" "Yeah, there's you, but even we couldn't be sure if you would suddenly change your mind and turn us in" Crosshairs growled, pointing an accusing digit in my direction once more.

Now I was hurt, physically and mentally. "Why are you suddenly treating me like I'm the bad guy? I've done nothing but help you and look how far we've gotten!" I snapped, slowly climbing down from Optimus's shoulderplate and standing on the ground. I looked up at them all, who now wore solemn expressions on their faceplates "Yeah I get it, humans suck, but not all of us share the same views as KSI, not all of us believe that you're evil. I understand why you want to leave but for some reason I feel like there's something more to the story..." I continued, now turning to face Optimus. He watched me with sad optics, knowing what I was going to say "It's the Seed, isn't it? You don't know how it came to be in human hands and you're scared of it's potential..." I told him, watching as the Prime's expression changed. "The Seed is a dangerous weapon, which can be used to turn organic matter into metal, the metal that created us..." he explained, not taking his optics off of me "And you're just going to leave us here to deal with the damage that it will cause? You're just going to let us fend for ourselves? You saw what happened with Galvatron Optimus, KSI obviously have no idea how to control their prototypes and you're just going to leave knowing that the situation could get worse-" "WE HAVE NO CHOICE!" He shouted down to me, causing me to stop mid sentence. I'd never heard him shout like this, I've never heard him so angry, and to be honest it scared me.

I fell silent, staring up at him as Optimus sighed angrily "You humans, after all we have done...you don't know what you've brought upon yourselves..." he trailed off, turning away from me with a disappointed expression. I felt my heartstrings tug in sadness, as angry tears began to fall from my eyes. I glared up at the Prime, my gaze never wavering as I spoke darkly "I'm not stopping you from leaving, that's your decision. But if you do leave and we all die...then you only have yourself to blame". I spun harshly on my heel and stormed out of the cockpit, wiping the tears from my eyes as a few small sniffles escaped my mouth. I heard Optimus turn, I knew he was watching me leave, I could feel his gaze staring into the back of my head. I was too angry to turn around and face him, hell, I didn't want too. If he was going to give up so easily, there was no use in trying to persuade him. So I walked away, trying to find anywhere to sit and calm down other than the cockpit. On my way out, I could faintly hear Drift mumble to the rest of the Autobots "Oh, that was cold".