Please...Take It... (Amy Rose)

7/22/15

(Special Chapter)

I faced planted into my pillow an I thought about what Sonic had told me. How he'd die for me. How he said if I ever got a disease he'd find the cure. How if I needed a heart he'd give me his. It was just too much to take in for me.

He was doing what I wanted him to. For him to just be brave and let his words spill out. I don't know why I'm feeling so bad. I'd do the same for him, but I'm not worth dying over. I'm really not.

He's the hero, the big shot, everyone loves him. And they only see me as his girlfriend now. That's why the villagers would cheer our names now. Before they'd only cheer for Sonic. The others and I were always in the background.

He figured that out and he started to bring us with him on every mission. Sometimes he'd skip out on missions.

I just wanted to sleep now, so I headed off to bed quickly.

***
(Amy's Dream)

I sat in a palace like place. I felt happy as I walked around the pillars of the palace. That's when I saw Sonic trudging towards me. I gasped as he got down on one knee. He had a smile on his face.

It looked like he was about to propose to me. That's what I prepared for. But instead...he lifted his hands to his chest. He groaned with pain as he pushed his hands through his own body and ripped out his heart.

I was covering my mouth as his blood spilled out all over his fur and the ground. He looked happy now. A look of pure happiness and caring filled his eyes. He held his heart in his hands and gestured for me to take it.

"Amy...please...please take it..." He begged and tried to scoot towards me even though he was clearly in pain. "N-no...I-I can't!" I cried and took another step back.

"Please...take it..." Sonic begged more.

"I can't!"

"Take it, Amy. Take it please!" Sonic yelled and begged. He was getting scared now and desperate. He was using his knees to walk closer to me. Even on his knees he moved fast. He got me against a wall and I couldn't move.

His hands were extremely shaky and he grabbed my own hands. "Amy...I love you. Take...care of my...heart." He placed his heart in my hands and smiled. His entire body shook as he died right in front of me.

I looked at my hands to see his heart still beating.

***

My head shot up to see everything blurry. I rubbed my eyes and realized I had been crying. I let out a shaky breath and rubbed my neck.

"This is way too much." I sighed. "Why is this bothering me so much?" I asked myself.

I looked over at my communicator that laid by my bed. I took in a deep breath and reached for it. "Sonic The Hedgehog" I said into it.

"Calling Sonic The Hedgehog" the communicator said back.

I waited for a few seconds before Sonic picked up his own communicator. "Ames? What's wrong? Do you know how late it is?" He said and rubbed his eyes.

"S-Sorry...I-I had a nightmare and...and I was wondering if I could come over?" Sonics eyes were still closed when he nodded. "Really? Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I kissed the communicator and went to get my shoes on.

***
I arrived at Sonics house and he was in the living room waiting for me.

"So what happened in the nightmare?" Sonic asked me as he put one arm around me and the other on my knee. I sighed and leaned on his shoulder.

I told him all about it and he slowly got more and more concerned about me.

"Are you scared because of me? Amy...I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to, I was just...telling you that-"

"It's okay Sonic. I'm not scared. I'm just sad because I saw you die..." I explained to him. "You're the hero. Heroes don't die because of their significant others." I sighed. Sonic blinked and stared at me as if I was insane.

"Amy...a lot of heroes died for their lovers. I'd be glad to be added to that list." He said and held me in his lap. "But the villagers still would need you." I told him. "No, they'd need you and the others to do what I did. Heroes don't just come along for the fun. We all work together. I count you and the others as heroes. That's all you need to know." He said and kissed my temple. He left his lips and head there.

I smiled at him and nodded. "Okay..." I said. "Thanks Sonic..." I said and turned my head to him. He sat up and smiled with a big grin. "It's what boyfriends are for!" He said and I kissed his cheek. Sonic blushed and grinned more.

"Are you spending the night? Do you wanna sleep with me?" He asked me. I sighed and remained silent. "Ames?" Sonic asked me. "I think I'll just go on back to my own place." I said and stood up. "I'll walk you back!" Sonic ran and quickly put on his shoes and we left his house.

We walked slowly back to my house. His arm never left my waist...