I'm Sorry... (Amy Rose AND Sonic T. Hedgehog)

7/24/15

(Special Chapter)

WARNING: this one might be a little dark...it won't be humorous like the others or anything like that. This one is more serious and dark. You have been warned....

•*This is also the last chapter*•

•Amy Rose POV•

I couldn't hear anything as my body fell limp. I could only see smoke and mist as I looked around. I could see that Eggmans lair was in ruins as the mist disappeared. I slowly stood up and looked around the room. My hearing slowly started to come back.

"*cough* Sonic? *cough* Tails? Sticks? Knuckles?" I said as I stumbled around.

I fell back down to the ground on my arm. I felt and heard it pop out of place. I bit my lip to stop myself from screaming out in pain. I couldn't move any longer. The pain was just too much.

Then I felt something grab me by my quills. I screamed as that someone pulled me up. I came face to face with Eggman. "Sorry Amy...you can't remember any of this-"

"Drop her now!" I fell back to the ground as Eggman got tackled by Sonic. All I could see was Sonic growling and wrestling with Eggman. It looked like Sonic was even trying to bite him. Like an animal would.

***
(That morning)
•Normal POV•

Amy woke up to the smell of bacon and chilidogs. She smiled as she popped out  of bed and dashed to the kitchen.

Sonic smiled at her as she ran in. "You're making you're chili!" Amy said, as if it was a sign of loyalty and love. "Yup, you deserved to sleep in for a little bit. You spent a lot of time at the pool yesterday." Sonic told her. Amy nodded and sat down at her table.

"Today's gonna be great. I can just feel it." Amy thought to herself as Sonic presented her with her breakfast. Amy was about to dig in when Sonic stopped her. "One moment..." He ran out and in less then 5 seconds he was back with a bouquet. "For My Lady~" he said and bowed.

Amy giggled and took the flowers. She placed them in a vase then began to eat.

***
•Amy Rose•

"Our day started off so well..." I thought as I stared at Sonic and Eggman still fighting. Sonic was still trying to bite him. All of his fur was on end as his eyes dilated.

I shook my head as I struggled to stand up. I needed to separate those two, before one of them killed the other. "Sonic...s-stop..." I said as I held my arm. He didn't seem to hear me. "Sonic!" I yelled, but Sonic still kept his eyes on Eggmans throat.

I was getting closer to them. I could hear Sonics growl more clearly. He sounded like a real rabid animal. I think his mouth was even foaming a little.

"Sonic!! STOP!!" I jumped between them and into their wrestling. As soon as I did I felt pain course through my shoulder again. I looked up at Sonic. He had bit deep into my shoulder. That's when his eyes became normal size and our eyes met. He removed his teeth and jumped away from me. Eggman ran off while Sonic was in shock.

"I...I..." Sonic shook his head as I limped towards him. "No! Don't come near me! I don't want to hurt you!" Sonic screamed and covered his eyes. "Sonic, it's ok. I'm fine." I brought him into a tight embrace. "I'm so sorry...I-I just...he wanted to hurt you. He was going to hit you. I-I just lost it. You were already in a lot of pain." Sonic cried over my shoulder. "Hey, it's alright, Tails can patch it up. But...I-I need your help."

Sonic looked up at me. "What? I-I'll do anything." He said and stared at my eyes. He looked so desperate. "Tell me how we got here, what happened, and where the others are."

"It happened after breakfast. We were leaving when we got a call that Eggman was attacking. We all rushed to get there and then...then...he just grabbed you and flew off. Wh-what did he do to you? I-I need to know!" Sonic said and cried more. "I don't know. I can't remember anything past breakfast."

Sonics eyes began to water. "I-I came to get you without the others. I thought I could handle it..." He tightened his grip around me. "But then I ran in and I saw he was pointing a gun at you...I lost it and he started shooting everywhere. I didn't care what I was smashing into or hitting. I just wanted this entire place to fall. I wanted everything he cared about to be wiped away. That's how he made me feel when I thought you were going to die."

I rocked Sonic in my lap. "Please Sonic, it's okay, don't cry-"

"THEN WHAT ELSE?! I-I can't smile at this! I-I thought you were going to die! Do you know what that would do to me?!" Sonic shouted and pushed his head into my lap to cry.

•Sonic POV•

"She's such an idiot!" I thought to myself and cried as loud and hard as I could. How could she tell me not to cry? Did she want me to smile?! Did she want me to smile if she died?! My entire body ached with pain and stress. I just wanted Amy to come to her senses and cry with me.

This wasn't a happy thing! She's hurt! I'm hurt! I think I'm mentally insane now! Why is she caring so much about me?! She's the one that needs help right now!

"Sonic..." She said, so calm, so very gentle.

"Wh-What?" I sniffed and looked up at her. She was smiling!! At me!! While I was crying my eyes out, while she was in pain!

"I'm sorry...for all the times I've embarrassed you...and all the times I annoyed you."

I cocked head to the side. Why was she apologizing? "I love you Sonic, and if I were to die...I'd want you to stay happy." She rocked me back and forth again. My eyes teared up as I hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry for yelling Amy...I love you so much! I just...I'm so worried...I-I need to get you out of here."

I slowly stood up, my legs were wobbly. I spent all my energy bent on killing Eggman. Now I was too weak to even stand myself up. "Don't worry, our friends will come." Amy said and tugged me back to the floor. "We'll be fine. We've got each other until they come." Amy smiled and kissed my forehead.

I smiled back as I already heard Tails' plane landing and all their voices ringing out for us.

But instead of us yelling "we're here!" We remained quiet. We just took our sweet time letting them find us. We needed this. Just some time to ourselves. Not saying anything, just enjoying each other's company.

I love Amy...a lot.

"When I get back I'm writing this all in my journal." I said to Amy.

She cocked her head. "You have a journal? That's cool, I have a diary." She said and our tails wagged together. "We should compare pages..." I suggested and kissed her chin. She smiled and sweat dropped. "Sure, but you know-"

"I don't care if you said hateful things. I'd love you anyways." I told her.

"Me too" she grinned.

"You know what we should do?" I asked her.

"What?"

"We should publish our diary and journal together."

"Like a book?"

"Yeah"

Amy grinned with happiness and nodded. "I like that idea. I like it a lot."