chapter thirty five

Chapter Thirty Five

"One , two, three, PUSH !"

"AHHHHHH"

Watching this lady scream in agony as she forced this watermelon out of her pinhole made me want to throw up. Either it was that or it was the baby. I was on my phone looking at all different types of birth videos. What they all had in common was that the women looked like crap. They were crying,and one lady even had a bowel movement. I didn't want to be like that but it looked like I had no choice.

Thurston was out with his father spending some quality time and mom was in the kitchen cooking for a family dinner. It had been a while since we had one of those. The last time we all sat down at the table together I damn near killed Thurston.

Ear wrenching whining sounds came about. The baby was finally delivered and the mother had this accomplished look on her face. That's another thing that all these videos had in common. After everything was said and done the mothers were happier than ever to see their bundle of joy. A look that I hope that I will experience.

Being pregnant at 18 wasn't what I thought my life would look like. Then again, the way my life is now, period, I never pictured either.

It was killing me that mom was pregnant as well. Now not only are our parents going to be man and wife, but we're going to share a sibling too. As if things weren't weird enough already. I just wished some sort of miracle would erupt and change this situation for the better..

"Kym, dinner is ready !" Mom announced from downstairs

I exited out of YouTube on my phone and got up to go downstairs. I could hear David complementing mom's cooking and plates and other silverware clashing .

Thurston looked up from the table and smiled at me. I sat down across from me.

"Remember when we first sat at this table." He reminisced

"I hated you." I smiled

"I know." He laughed

" Alright Lovebirds, its time for supper." David smiled with an eyebrow raised

"Who wants to say grace ?" Mom asked

"I'll do it Wanita." Thurston rose from his seat

I looked at him as he bowed his head, making everyone follow suit.

He cleared his throat. "I'm not good at this but... Hey God... Its me again, and I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for this meal, thank you for my family, thank you for second, third, and fourth chances, but most of all thank you for the most beautiful thing to happen to my life so far.. Kym..," I smiled, reaching across the table to grab his hand ,"I may not deserve it but you seem to think otherwise. Bless the cook, the cook's husband and me too.. Almost forgot about myself.." He mumbled

David cleared his throat, mom giggled .

"Sorry sorry... I hope we have many days to come like this with each other, in Jesus name we pray, Amen."

"Amen." We said in union

Everyone opened their eyes and began reaching for food. Everything looked so peaceful and so calm. It was kind of weird, yet it was nice for once.

"So, how's school Kym?" asked David

"So far, its great, I'm just ready to graduate in all honesty."

"I understand, I was the same way in high school."

"It must have been different.. You went to private school right?"

In all honesty, I have no problem with talking to David, he's growing on me. But nobody gives a damn about this forced conversation about school. Haha, but you know, whatever, as long as we're getting along.

"So everyone... Any announcements? " mom asked

I slyly eyed Thurston who seemed to be avoiding my gaze. I met my mother's stare and shook my head no.

"I have one." David got up

Wha-What the hell was this ?

"I know Thurston asked me not to say anything..."

"Oh my god." I sighed

"But I'm just so excited that, I can't keep this hidden any longer, even tho it was hidden from me."

Oh please don't be what I think it is.

"I would like to announce that.." he looked around smiling heavily " Wanita and I are expecting!"

I took a deep breath and counted my blessings. Mom on the other hand looked uncomfortable.

"Sweetheart.. I'm not pregnant." Mom said softly

"What?" David and I exclaimed at the same time

"But you sh-showed us the pregnancy test." Thurston fumbled over his words

"That test wasn't mine." Mom strangely remained calm

"So who's was it ?" David asked

After a few seconds of putting two and two together all eyes fell on me.

"Yeah, its mine." I whispered

"I can't believe this." David angrily walked away from the table

"David, please!.." Mom went after him

I looked at Thurston as he avoided my look. Wasn't this just peachy..

* * * * * * *

Hey guys ! I just wanna say thank you so much for all your support, I really do appreciate it. I don't know what I'd do without you guys. For that matter what would Kym &' Thurston do without you guys Lol.? I was getting lazy due to the fact that I had little to no time to write another chapter, but all your positive comments gave me motivation and I love you guys for that. I also appreciate your patience and such.

x Qwesha