Chapter Twenty-Two

" I was so glad that everyone one could make it, to support Wanita and David.."

My gay "uncle" Palmer was making a toast at the reception. He was actually just a good friend of mom's from college that deemed me his niece. Me, on the other hand was making a toast to myself . I threw back several glasses of red wine. No one even paid attention to the fact that I couldn't get myself to remain seated. I constantly got up to get another glass off the audurb table . Not to mention that I almost killed myself trying to walk over to the table.

"Kymberlee..say it isn't so." A high pitch voice approached me

I turned around and looked at the person disturbing my happy hour.

"Who are you?' I slightly slurred "Ah, come on, take a look at me.. Don't I look like somebody you know..or somebodies."   

"Urk," I made a weird drunken sound," you're White Boy's sister." I rolled my eyes

"Crissie . I'm Crissie." She lightly smiled

"I'm sure , I'm sure," I waved her hand around, " So where is he?"                          

"Not here." She sighed

"Oh well." I sand

"Kym.. I came to talk to you . Please excuse Thurston's -"

"Stop. He's a man, he makes decisions all on his on own. Crappy ones, nonetheless .. On his own.." I continued to banter

"Kym, he loves you."

"What's love got to do with it, got to do with it. Who needs a heart when a heart can be -"

All of a sudden I was forced to start walking. Crissie took a hold of my arm and carried me out of the room into a nearby hallway. I hadn't noticed that my singing was causing onlookers .

"Kymberlee, please, cooperate with me." She strained

I folded my arms and drew a breath. "Li-listen , I am druuunk."

"Clearly." She threw up her left hand

"Okay, okay. We're here to talk about Thurston ." I attempted to act appropriate

"Thank you.. He's .. He's very resentful about everything negative that happened between you two. I know that you've heard countless amounts of stories about my brother and his past girlfriends but trust me.. You.. Your one in a million. His words, not mine." My heart gushed but I couldn't get the rest of my body to react the same way.

"I.. I don't know." I ran my hand through my hair

"You've been picking up on his habits." She pointed out 

I dropped my hand. "Yeaah."

"You two just have to work things out." She pleaded

"Crissie.. I want too, there's just always something. I.. I love your brother.."

"I love you too." A familiar voice emerged

I turned around and there he was. Coming out of a restroom .

"Thur- Thurston." I gulped

"Its me baby." He approached me slowly with a  big smile

Uh- Oh...

Borderline (BWWM)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara