Chapter Fourteen

"Family meeting for what?" I yawned angrily

     It was half past eight on a Saturday morning and David had all of us in the living room. For goodness sakes my hair was still wrapped.

     Thurston was nodding off back to    sleep every once in a while. Mom was bright eyed, bushy tailed and David was standing up in his usual stance with his hands placed behind his back.

     "Well Kymberlee I'm glad you asked," He smiled, "Your mother and I have an announcement to make." He declared

     "Your going to Disney World." Thurston laughed to himself

    I chuckled a bit then pulled it back in. David cleared his throat, preparing to talk again.

     "No, something even better."   Something even better? Yeah, I don't think so. From the expression on mom's face and the shimmer in her eyes I could tell that this 'Something-even-better-news' was gonna give me a headache.

     "What's better than Disney World?" Thurston questioned seriously

     "Family my dear boy."

   Thurston frequently blinked his eyes trying to compute what David had said.

     " No.. seriously."

     " Can we just hear the news." I began to rub my temples

     " We're getting married in September!" Mom exclaimed      

    Thurston mocked the act of suicide while my jaw struggled to unclench.     The original plan was for mom and David to get married next year in spring. I don't understand what the procrastination was about.

     "Well... say something." Mom pressured Thurston and I

     "Can I get an aspirin ." I whimphered

★★★★★

Thurston's POV

    I knew what the procrastination was about . It was me. I was leaving for college in September and dear old dad thought that it would keep Kym away. Me or her mother ? It was obvious what the choice would be. Everything just had to be about him. The one piece of happiness I finally get and he's tugging at it.

     He doesn't understand. I love kym. I would go beyond the cost to keep her happy. My dad was spiteful and for what? I could never hurt Kym. Not even if I wanted to . Like he wanted to hurt me..

★★★★★

         Kym and her mom went out to lunchto talk so I decided to talk to my dad too.

     "Your selfish." I said through clenched teeth

      He looked up at me from the newspaper .

      "How so." He inquired

     "You know I go off to college in September ."    

    He stood up and looked at me    seriously .

    "I'm doing both you and Kym a favor. That'll give her enough time to forget about you."

   "Forget about me ? How are you saying this to your own son?" I whispher " Thurston, you are think about yourself. You are unstable.."

"I've been fine for a long time now." I cut him off

"And who knows when you'll have another episode.?" He questioned

"I have my pills I'm fine, " I laughed humorlessly, " Plus I love Kym."

He laughed." You also love Kelly, Aysia, Michelle and Adrieanna."

  He was naming some of his ex girlfriends' daughters that I was heavily involved with. Kym was different. She is different. He just couldn't understand.

  "They're not Kym."

" And nor will the next girl be."

"There won't be a next girl."
"How do you know ?"

   My mind started spinning and I had to start breathing slowly to relax.

  "Can I be happy Thurston.? You hurt these girls and it travels to their mother and I relationship."

  "No .."

  "Im through with this conversation. It is what it is. Kymberlee will be your stepsister and Wanita will be your stepmother . My wife and stepdaughter. "

  "Its not fair.. and you know that." I balled up my fists

  "Blame your mother for all your misfortunes ." He coldly said

  "You let her hurt herself and me ! What kind of father are you.?!" "Thurston.!" He called after me

Ignoring what he said, I made my way upstairs to my room. He was too late. I was so far gone and he didn't even know it.