Chapter Five

You know how your awake but can't get yourself to get out the bed... Yeah, that's me right now. All that drama from yesterday has me messed up. I can't even deal with school today. Man, I can't even deal with life today.

"Konck,knock." I hear Thurston softly say

I stay positioned on my stomach with my back facing the door.

"You up ?"

"Yeah." I croak

"Ooh you sound nasty."

I sat up and he was already there hovering over me with that smirk on his face. He really knew how to get my attention.

"Im not in the mood." I whisper

"Your're never in the mood." He kisses my nose

It takes me by surprise and I instantly slap his face. His face turns to the side. Oh my gosh...

"Im sorry." I quickly say

He looks back at me and grabs the back of my hair with this angry expression on his face. He pulls me back and lands on top of me. He stares into my eyes and slowly his face softens and that smirk reappears on his face.

Quickly he shoves his face into my neck and begins to trail kisses all over. My instinct is to push him off of me but my brain obviously didn't get the memo and here I am laying here with my eyes in the back of my head. My legs arc up and I let out a gruesome moan. I could feel him smile against my skin. I haven't felt like this in a while. Actually, I haven't felt like this before. Urgh, what am I getting myself into. He lips reaches mine and its just all over from there. I hope I don't have morning breath. Our tongues intertwine and wrestle but Thurston wins. Sparks and fireworks are going off on my body making me just wanna rip his clothes off. Like right now. His hand goes underneath my large t-shirt as he begins to play with the lace of my underwear. He clears his throat and kills the whole mood. Quickly my mind comes into play and I think 'This is David's Sonnnn..... His fine ass son.... but David is your stepdad making Thurston your stepbrother, you guys are borderline family.'

"Thuston, get up." I groan

He sits up and begins to lightly chuckle.

"I was wondering when you was gonna stop me; cause I knew you would."

I begin to rub the goosebumps on my arm.

"Yeah, well ska-daddle cause Im going back to bed." I wave him away

"Oh playing hooky ?" He sits on the edge of my bed

"Thats what I intend to do." I yawn

"Then I guess your spending the day with me." He smiles

On the outside I look dead as if that's not what I was trying to do, but on the inside Im like a kid on Christmas Eve. Im starting to think I might like Thurston, but I can't... but lets be real.. I do.

* * *

"What did you wanna be when you was younger." Thurston asks

We've been out all day. He took me out to the movies, went roller-blading and now we're sitting in this Teriyaki Place and their food is amazing.

"An MMA Fighter." I laugh at myself

"I could tell. That slap was something serious."

"Yeah, sorry bout that, I was just shocked is all."

"Shocked? I've been waiting to do that since... since I saw you snap at my dad."

...What?

"What?" I questioned

"I don't know it turned me on," He stuffed his face with rice," I was like 'oh yeah, i want her' ."

"Want her or want to kiss her?"

"Both."

A smile a bit then pull it back. I don't want him thinking he got me...yet.

"Whatever White Boy." I laugh

"Im serious, you kinda had me worried looking like you was about to Jason Voorhees my ass, but you got something."

Oh my gosh, he making me blush.

"What is it? The sparkle in my eyes?" I flirt, sarcastically

"Honestly, Yeah.."

"Whatever!" I laugh, throwing a napkin at him

"Seriously, MaryJane.. Your cute, got a nice personality and your butt, great god, buddah and allah that behind."

"Oh my gosh." I place my hands over my face

"That thing you got behind you is amazing." He sings

I know, this boy is not singing a Jesse McCartney song. Its cute though.

"Boy bye." I take a sip of my ginger ale

The laughter stops for a minute and all we can hear now is the sizzle of cooking food and other people talking. Thurston clears his throat; here we go.

"I wanna ask you something. "

"What.?" I respond hesitantly

"Yesterday.. I heard you talking.."

"Ohkay."

"Your we're apologizing.." He went on

"I was talking to my dad." I came out and say

He looked puzzled.

"My dad is dead... and I was apologizing for the fact that he had to watch that from wherever he was."

"Im sorry."

"Don't be stupid, you didn't cause him to have a heart attack," a tear from my eye, " I must be some type of masochistic because I keep replaying what happened in my mind like every other day. The way he held his chest when she handed him those divorce papers." I begin to shake my head

I look back at Thurston and he looks concerned. I guess that I've been holding that in for so long that I had to just let it out. I have friends but no one that Im really closed to, same for family. And as far as my mother goes , how could I express my anger like that? I love her but I can't help but feel the way I feel.

"You ready to go." He cracked a little smile