Chapter Twenty-Three

Thurston's POV

I leaned up against the bathroom door to hear what Crissie and Kymberlee were talking about.

While I was gone, I called up Crissie and told her about everything. About how I couldn't lose Kym. About how I loved everything about her, inside and out. About how I felt like I was suffocating without her and any longer I was going to die .

"I..I love your brother." Kym said

I gained a huge grin. This was my cue to make everything right. I opened the door and went to go get my girl.

"I love you too." I said

"Thur-Thurston ?" She gasped

"Its me baby." I chuckled lightly

She looked as beautiful as always. Her hair was in loose curls and her makeup was freshly done . Oh sweet lord her body. The way that dress hugged her curves was unbelievable.

"I'll get back to you two later." Crissie walked back to the reception.

I looked back at Kym, who didn't share the same expression as I . She looked sad.

"What's wrong." I lightly touched her cheek

"Everything." She croaked, water welling up in her eyes

"Don't cry." I pleaded

"Well what else am I suppose to do Thurston ? You constantly leave and come back as if everything is gonna be okay. Everything is not okay." Tears streamed down her face

Quickly I wiped them away and she let me. It pained me to see her cry. "I know.. I'm trying to make everything right and you know.."

"Well try harder." She demanded

"I will.. I am trying harder."

"You said that you wasn't coming back." She pouted

"I said that, that was the last time I walk out you life." I smiled

She tried to fight it but she ended up smiling too.

"I hate you" she lied, " Crissie said you wasn't here." 

" I love you too and it was a surprise ." I bent down to kiss her          

She dodged it.

"No kiss.?" I questioned

Her eyes began to water again . Her eyes began to water up again. My heart began racing and I started to get nervous.

"What, what's wrong now.?"

"The baby." She mumbled

"The what.?" I asked, not believing what I heard

"I.. I had a miss-" Tears streamed faster down her face

Quickly I took a hold of her, silencing her from finishing what she was going to say. I wasn't stupid, I put two and two together. I didn't realize that I put her through so much. And I wasn't even there to help her through it. What kind of man was I.?

"Shh, shhh." I stroked the back of her head

"I gmm, nntoo uh fight with Ravem." She mumbled into my chest

"What.?" I pulled her out of my chest "I said, I got into a fight with Raven. I fell and hit my head and she was on top of me."

I pressed my lips together. It angered me a lot to know that all of this happened and there was nothing that I could do about it.       

"I'm sorry..I'm so sorry." I kissed her head

"I forgive you." She wiped her nose

"Look, Kym.. I have a question to ask." I started patting down my pants

Her eyes widened, trying to figure out what it was that I was doing.

"What.?"

I grabbed the box out of my pocket and fell to one knee. I could feel my heart rate pick up and fought back tears that were on their way .

" Kymberlee Marie Baker...," she placed her hand over her mouth in shock, "When I first laid eyes on you, I knew you were the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.. Then you waved that knife around and made me have second thoughts," we both laughed, " but then I had third thoughts and I'm glad I did because not only are you beautiful outside but inside as well. And I can not express in words how lucky I am to have met you. You don't have to give me an answer now, but I would like to ask for your hand in marriage . I would like for you to make me the happiest man on earth and I'll make you the happiest woman. I wanna make you Mrs.Kymberlee Bloomingdale."

My cockiness started to kick in. How could she say no to that speech? Although, knowing Kym, anything could happen.

"I'll sleep on it." She placed her hand out for the ring

"That's not how it works." I shook my head and laughed

"Put the damn ring on my finger," she chuckled, " Even if I do say no," she admired the ring, " We're still together. You're still mine."

"And you're still mine, too."

"Exactly. If I say no, I want it to be a promise ring."

"Slash engagement ring." I smiled intensely

"You ask for a lot, for someone who just got out the doghouse.. But yes, it can be a 'slash engagement ring' ." she smirked

Over joyed with excitement, I lifted her off her feet and spun her around. She giggled loudly .

"Kymberlee what are you... Thurston.?"  Wanita entered the hallway                    

"Wanita !" I hugged her "Hi sweetie.. does your father know that you're here?"

I scratched my nape. He wasn't exactly aware.

"Uhm.."

"Thurston." a stern voice called out

I looked past Wanita and into the face of my father who appeared in the hallway as well.

Well, wasn't this a nice family reunion...