Chapter 15

{^Angela(Moe and Blake's mom)^}

Moe's POV

You know how every Christmas scientists always come up with this theory that the world is going to end, but it never does?

I feel like my world is going to end and hopefully it never does.

I can't imagine living somewhere far away from here.

I'd be leaving my brother, my best friend, and my boyfriend.

Blake is convinced that she would never do that so he emailed her and insisted that she come for dinner tonight so that we can catch up.

Frankly, I just want her to catch up with the nearest bus heading to nowhere.

But Blake said that if I act respectfully and act like my life is great because he's a great guardian than she won't take me.

I don't know when she got her PHD is Child Protective Services but I don't think she has a right to pop up whenever she wants to.

Someone knocked on my door and I just kept my head in my pillow and replied a muffled, "Come in."

Someone walked in and shut the door than sat on my bed beside me and placed me on their lap so that my face was in their chest.

I inhaled their scent and smiled, "Hi Tre."

He kissed the top of my head, "Hey."

"You're dressed right?" I asked, not removing my face from his chest.

"Well it would be dumb for me to have a shirt on and no pants." he chuckled.

I looked up at him and got off his lap so that I could rest my head on his shoulder.

"I don't want her coming here." I whispered.

"I know, but you have to give her a chance."

"A chance? After all these years? In her dreams. I gave her a chance. When she walked out of the house I just knew that she would come back and apologize and we would be happy again. That she would pick me up and hold me in her arms for eternity and promise to never leave again. But she never did. So I'm giving her no more chances."

"Well you have to confront her one of these days." Tre whispered into my hair softly.

"I just hoped it wouldn't be today."

He he gave my shoulder a squeeze and left me to my thoughts.

***********

I'm running as fast as my little legs will take me when I suddenly get get lifted high in the air onto broad shoulders.

The man races around the forest as a knight in shining armor is close behind, trying to rescue me.

My capture trips over a root and we both tumble upon the soft moss.

The knight slowly comes to a halt, hovering over me and the man that captured me.

The knight jumps off his horse and walks toward the man and declares the man to be put to death at once for charges of kidnapping the princess.

The man tries to scoot away and plead for his life, but the choice has been made.

The knight raises his sword above his head, the morning sun reflecting off of it, creating a gleam and begins to bring the sword down as a fit of laughter rings out of no where.

My brother and I come back to earth and realize we were playing make believe with dad and laying in a pile of blankets.

I look to the source of the laughter and find my mother, her beautiful locks bouncing around her face.