Chapter 17

MOE'S POV

My eyes are fluttering in and out of focus and all i see are bright lights on the ceiling zooming by. One after another, never stopping.

I try to move my head but it feels like someone stabbed me in my neck. I whine in pain, and I feel someone touch my shoulder.

I don't hear what they're saying at fist, all I can hear is ringing. After the ringing subsides I hear many voices talking at once.

They're all shouting different orders and statements at once, so I cant comprehend what they're saying.

"Just stay still honey, we're going to get you through this," a voice speaks to me. I open my mouth, which is super dry and say, "I-It hurts.."

"I know, I know. It's going to be okay. Just relax and let us help you." says the voice, once again.

I feel tears brim my eyes, and I allow them to fall. "Am i going to die?" I ask any one of the yelling voices around me.

We turn into a room, and they lift me off of the rolling bed and onto a non-moving bed. I see a lot of tools and people around me wearing masks and such.

"Whether you live or die is completely up to you." She states, beginning to put on a mask as well.

I squint as a bright lights is put in my face as the nurse starts speaking again, "Just relax, i'm going to be here the whole time. You're going to be in a lot of pain, so i'm going to put this mask on you. Don't be alarmed when you start feeling sleepy."

I blink a few times, feeling my eyes getting heavy and close them. Returning to the darkness once again.

CAMIS POV

Everyone is acting off. Blake is at the cafeteria, refusing to eat and Trey is pacing outside.

I just can't believe that Moe might actually leave us. She's my best friend. It's been hours since we have heard anything about her status.

For all we know, she could be dead. I know i shouldn't be thinking this way but how else am i supposed to think?

Every time i hear footsteps i think that it's nurse or a doctor and that they're going to tell us that she's fine but they never do.

After about thirty minutes, i see a doctor walking our way. He walks right up to Blake and begins to talk just above a whisper.

I've never been able to read lips but i can sure as hell read facial expressions. And from what i'm seeing, something isn't right.

After what feels like forever, the doctor gives Blake a pat on back and walks away.

I quickly walk over to Blake and try to catch his eyes, but I can't. His lips are partly open and he's staring at nothing.

I wrap my arms around him and engulf him in a hug. After a while, he relaxes in my arms and begins to cry. I don't know how long we stood like that, but i didn't care. He needed me, and i was going to be here.

I lead him to the chairs and waited for him to speak.

He looked across the room as he spoke, "He-he said that he is in critical condition and that her lung is punctured and she has lost a lot of blood. So, she may not make it unless we find a donor."

I think for a minute, "Okay, so we just have to find a donor, it can't be-"

He cuts me off, "She would have to be on a waiting list and qualified to get one and even then, it takes months, even years to find a donor. She has to have the surgery immediately."