Chapter 16

Moe's POV

I continue to stare at Angela, not knowing what to do or say. How do you greet a women you haven't seen in almost over ten years?

Angela is the first to speak, "Dominique, you've grown into such a beautiful young woman," she states, gently with tears brimming the corners of her eyes.

I don't reply. I just remain standing in the doorframe, waiting, daring for a tear to fall from her watering eyes.

Suddenly, I feel a hand rest on my shoulder and I look up to see Blake giving me a gentle look. The look that says, it's okay.

I take that as my cue to leave without a second glance at Angela and walk into the kitchen, where Cami and Tre are setting the table, with plates after plates of food for dinner.

I slowly take a seat at the table, and Tre sits right next to me.

Cami sits across from Tre and I, leaving a seat for Blake right beside her.

Tre gives my hand a squeeze from under the table.

"Its going to be okay," he whispers in my ear.

I hope he is right.

*******************

I'm staring down at my plate full of untouched food, occasionally looking up and noticing that everyone is laughing and enjoying themselves.

I don't know what they're talking about, and I could really care less, but it must be the funniest thing in the world.

Apparently Angela is a comedian.

She may be able to fool everyone else with her jokes and stories and small talk and catching up, but I'm no dummy.

And I guess I'm the only one here who has forgotten that she ditched us.

I just don't understand.

"That's so cute Dominique," Angela says, in awe, yanking me from my thoughts.

"Come again?" I ask in a flat tone.

Tre smiles at me, "I was just telling Mrs.Harris about our first kiss."

"Ms." I state.

"What?" Asked Tre, confused.

"Its Ms.," I repeat, trying to remain calm, "Ms. Chanelle."

Cami and Blake give each other a look.

"Its okay, just call me Angela," she says, smiling at Tre.

Tre nods and glares at me.

Oh hell to the no. This dude right here got me fucked up. The devil is a lie, because I know he did not just glare at me.

Maybe I'm crazy. I'm just going to let it slide.

An awkward silence starts to take over so Cami speaks up, "Angela, did Moe mention that she is babysitting Tre?" Laughs Cami.

Tre blushed and I hold his hand underneath the table.

Angela looks confused, "Who's Moe?"

I stare at her, deadpanned, "I'm Moe."

Angela laughs a little, "Oh, I'm sorry, Moe."

"I'm sorry, no disrespect, but you have no right to call me Moe. Moe is what my friends call me," I state.

Blake stared daggers at my face, "How can you say 'no disrespect' when what you said was truly disrespectful??"