Chapter Four

Kendrick's POV

"Just make sure that kitchen is spotless." I demanded.

"Say no more, fam. I gotcha." Q said as he rushed to the kitchen. I finished moving the furniture back to their original spots. I walked in the kitchen, a few moments later, to see Q snacking on a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos at the table with one hand and scrolling on his phone with the other.

"Eatin my groceries like you paid for 'em," I said as I snatched away the bag of chips.

"Nigga, you stay buggin. Just some damn chips."

"That you didn't pay for." I took a seat on the stool across from him at the bar in the kitchen and ate out of the bag of Doritos. "Lookin nice in here." I examined the dish-less sink, clean counters, sweeped and mopped floors.

"I told you I gotchu." He never looked up from his phone. "Party was lit last night, K. Dot."

"Yeah, it was cool." I pulled my phone out and saw a bunch of notifications from Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and a few texts.

"You remember Nessa from the showcase? The hip hop dancer girl that gave me her number?"

"Yeah. What about her? You hit?" I raised an eyebrow as I waited for his answer.

"You already know, nigga!" He yelled, dapping me up. I shook my head, laughing at him.

"That's what's up." I looked back at my phone as it had vibrated. It was a message from Ray.

"Hey! Sorry I couldn't make it to the party last night. Any way I can make it up to you? 😉"

I shook my head in annoyance as I read the message. I didn't even tell her about the party; how did she know I had a party? Can't keep nothing secret around here. I left her on read at 12:47 p.m. and decided to text Eliza.

"Are you okay?" I sent her. As soon as I tapped send, she had read the message and began typing.

"I was just about to text you, yeah I'm fine. Thank you."

"Are you busy? You wanna hang and get some wing stop?"

"It's Cori's birthday today. I don't mind hanging with you, but I have to bring her. Is that fine with you?"

"That's fine. You know I love that little girl. 😂"

"Lol Okay. We'll be over in a bit!"

"I'm bout to hang out with some friends in a bit," I told Q.

"Who?" He questioned. "Jay and I the only niggas you talk to. You ain't got no other friends."

"Don't worry bout all that. Go find somebody to hang with," I retorted. I rushed upstairs to freshen up a bit; I was kind of sweaty after moving all the furniture in the living room. Once I was done, I made it back downstairs to see Q spread across the couch.

"Whatchu all dressed up for?" Q questioned. I just had on a short sleeve button up and some khaki pants with a pair of white Air Force Ones. I guess I don't need this button up. "You finna get some pussy, nigga?" He cut his eyes at me as a grin spread across his face. I couldn't help but laugh at him. "My nigga!" He made an attempt to dap me up.

"Nah, bruh. I'm just hangin with a friend!" I explained. "I'm just trynna look good." I decided to change shirts, since this button up seemed a little dressy. I found a plain black tee to pair with the rest of my outfit. As I got the shirt over my head, the doorbell rang.

I hope Q doesn't answer the door.

I ran down the stairs as I finished putting my shirt on and saw Q at the front door, talking to Eliza.