Chapter Thirteen

"I am so sorry I'm late, Mr. Louissaint." I rushed in the photo room with my camera in my hand only to see that Mr. Loussaint wasn't there. He's been here everyday since I started working. I wonder what's up. I was a little stressed I had to work alone on a day with a packed schedule. I sighed to myself as I began to set up for the long day ahead of me. Today Kilo Kish, Mick Jenkins, and Joey Bada$$ are coming in for photo shoots. Plus, Kendrick and the guys has an interview with Syd from our magazine today. He's also having a listening party tonight, and I'd really like to go support him, but I honestly just wanna sleep right now.

"Eliza! How are you this morning?" Sam walked in as I was setting up the camera for the photo shoot.

"Hey, Sam. What's up?" I asked, the tiredness seeping through my voice.

"So, I've scheduled a last minute photo shoot for an upcoming artist. He should be coming in soon."

"What? I'm already full since you added Joey to the list. Could he come in tomorrow?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, Eliza. I know it's happening out of the blue, but I'm really close with Top Dawg, and they really want me to help him out. We gotta get his name out."

I sighed deeply and shook my head. "Okay." I continued making sure everything was set up for the shoot.

"Thank you, El." She started towards the door. "He should be here..." She looked at her watch as the door swung open. "Now." She smiled as a group of people entered. Sam began talking with a few people, while a very familiar girl walked through door, hand in hand with a dark skinned guy. They were both smiling, but the guy looked really nervous.

"Isaiah, this is Eliza Lewis. She'll be your photographer today," Sam introduced us.

"Hello!" I smiled.

"It's nice to meet you. I've seen you take some dope pics." He held out his hand for a handshake.

"Thank you!" I shook his hand. He let go and introduced me to, who I assume is his girlfriend.

"This is my girl, Drew."

"Drew?"

"Oh my God, Eliza?" She laughed as she pulled me into a hug. "I can't believe it's really you!"

"I know! I never would've expected to see you here!" We finally pulled away from each other.

"It's time to start getting ready," a man, who was talking to Sam earlier, said.

"I take care of his wardrobe." Drew smiled. "I'll talk to you later."

I smile and waved as she headed to the back to get Isaiah ready.

Meanwhile, the rest of the guys who came in, took seats and conversed with the writers and what not for the magazine. I minded my business and set up the backdrop for Isaiah's shoot. Sam told me he's just gonna have a little spot in this issue, so I didn't have to go all out. I decided on doing the same backdrop as I was going to do for Joey. I really like the color, and it'll fit well with what he's wearing. Eventually, Isaiah was ready and I took his pics.

Kendrick's POV

"So, guys. What's up?" Syd began.

I did my best to not look tired during this interview. I didn't want to remember my first interview being tiring.

Syd sat on a stool, facing us as we also sat on stools. There was a camera recording the whole thing and we all had mics hooked up to us.

"So, who are you guys? Let's start with you and go that way." She pointed at Soul then moved left towards me.