Save Point 1: Eevee--Lost or Found?

Me: "Hi, folks. This is a boy x boy or yaoi story where Red and Blue/Green—whoever you consider to be the male—get together! Blue/Green will be called Blue in this story. If you'd like to read another great story about this pair—sorry if that sounds Vain (Yay! The Devil's Descent, one of my other books, reference!)—check out my Pokemon reading list or search Pokemon: The Original Shipping (Blue X Red). Warning: both main characters are eighteen here so be prepared for sexual content to arise!" *Squeals*

Ash: *Sees Red* "Huh?"

Red: *Ignores Ash* "..."

Me: "Yeah, Red is basically Ash but in the video games and Gary is Blue...but Ash is a lot dopier than Red. Gary and Blue are pretty much the same, though, in case you were wondering. Oh! And in this story, Red and Blue never met and became rivals so let's see how they meet this time!"

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Red was walking down Route 1, looking for pokémon, when he heard a sudden cry followed by the rustling of grass. That meant a pokémon was hiding nearby! But Red didn't recognize the cry. That wasn't saying much, though, considering he had never gotten around to travelling the Kanto or Johto regions like he had always wanted. The only pokémon he had was a Pikachu he'd found, stranded in a thunderstorm one day. He had always meant to catch more, but he was usually busy with school or helping his mother run her restaurant in Pallet Town.

But back to that hiding pokémon: Red was determined to catch it. He swiveled in place slowly, making sure not to alert it to his presence if it was nearby. You had to sneak up on pokémon like these. He spotted a fluffy, brown and cream tail sticking up out of some tall grass a couple yards away. Red still wasn't sure what kind of pokémon that was, but he could see its fur gleaming in the sunlight, obviously well groomed. What kind of wild pokémon looked so well cared for? Red shrugged off the oddity and looked down to his right, making eye contact with his Pikachu. Pikachu nodded, understanding without Red having to say anything that it needed to be ready for a battle.

Red crept forward, trying to sneak up on the hiding pokémon. He was so close now...Gotcha!

He jumped into the clump of grass where the unknown pokémon was hiding and saw that it was an Eevee! Those were rare pokémon, but he honestly should have known by the tail. Red was fully prepared to battle the surprised pokémon but was completely taken aback when it started to cry.

"Eee..." The poor, little pokemon seemed so distraught. Red felt horrible, thinking he had scared the HP out of this innocent creature, but then noticed a red ribbon tied in a bow around the pokémon's neck. It had a tear-shaped, silver pendant hanging from it in the front. Red exchanged a glance with Pikachu: this Eevee must belong to someone, and it's probably lost and scared right now. Red was certain of this since he had done something similar with his pokémon: Pikachu had a blue bandana tied around its neck with a flame symbol on the front and his address on the back.

Now determined to help this Eevee find its way home, Red got down on his hands and knees after checking to make sure that Pikachu was on the lookout for any more wild pokémon that might show up while he was busy. Eevee seemed wary of Red's actions, but it wasn't taking off, at least not yet.

"There, there, Eevee..." Red wasn't known for his oratory skills or anything. He could actually be quite shy and uncertain of himself at times. But when the tough got going, he was a reliable character who would overcome any obstacle he had to in order to help. "Are you lost...?" he asked the little Eevee quietly as he very gently reached out to it—he didn't want to startle this sweetheart any further; she was the apple of someone's eye after all.