13. grapes

"My favorite fruit is grapes. Because with grapes, you always get another chance. 'Cause, you know, if you have a crappy apple or a peach, you're stuck with that crappy piece of fruit. But if you have a crappy grape, no problem - just move on to the next."-Demetri Martin

Chapter Thirteen
My favorite fruit is grapes. Always. Their just so delicious. When I got home, I saw the boy Carter and his friend playing video games. They saw us, crap.
"Oh hey! It's kitty Kate." I heard a boy say at me. I looked down and decided to go upstairs to my room.
-
I woke up and saw a guy standing over me. I rubbed my eyes and gasped.
"Uh h-hi."
"Kate, Kate!" I jumped up. "Wake up!" It was that boy.
"I'm up. I'm up."
"Carter says to come downstairs. I'm Matt by the way."
"Oh o-okay." I slowly got out of bed and walked downstairs. I saw Carter on his phone.
"The kitten has come back alive. It's like 12 in the afternoon." I sat down and looked at a magazine. "Kate. Come here." I slowly sat down next to Carter.
"Why are you so quiet all the time?"
"It's a habit." I hugged my legs and looked at the tv.
"Well you should have more fun, slowpoke."
"I'm n-not a slowpoke.
"Yeah, you are. Your lazy and slow all the time." I frowned and got up and went outside to get fresh air. I saw grapes and decided to eat them under a tree. I felt relaxed until something hit my head.
"Ow." I sat up and saw a boy with a baseball bat.
"Sorry." He called. I waved him off. I went back to sleep dreaming of how my life will be better.