18. pain

"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding."-Khalil Gibran

Chapter Eighteen:
          •This is a flashback•
"Your going to think the pain will never end, but it will, but first you have to let it all in. You can't fight it, it's bigger than you. You have to let yourself drown in it, but then eventually, you'll start to swim and every single breath that you'd fight for, will make you stronger. And I promise you, you'll beat it." My mom said. ((Her original mom, the one who died in chapter 7)) I looked at her. Her dark curly hair down to her shoulders, high cheekbones, brown eyes, loving. We stood on a bridge looking at the river below us.
"But pain hurts right?"
"Not that type of pain. The pain when you lose someone you love." I nodded and looked out to the river, hearing the birds chirping.
"Maybe your right. It will be tough, for you." She hugged me tight.
"You just got to let it out." She kissed my head. "Here. Say it." She said, handing me a bundle of yellow flowers.
"No, I'm not doing this."
"Fine I'll say it. The pain that everyone has, has been forgotten." She threw the flowers over the bridge.
"I'm glad one of us can find humor in this." I said crossing my arms over my chest.
"I have to find humor in this sweetie, cause the alternative-" she pauses, looking for the right words. I could see little bits of a tear starting to fall. "The alternative would say goodbye, and I'm not ready for that yet." I starred at her hard, looking at those brown eyes.
End of Flashback•
Waking up with tears stained on pillows is the worse. I wiped them off and went to the bathroom. My eyes were red and puffy. I can't help but every time, I keep thinking of her.