26. dad pt. 1

Chapter Twenty-Six
Dad left us too. He left when I was two. Maybe because I was an ugly baby. My mother used to never really talk about. Although, I heard that he brought home a women which wasn't my mom and I think thats the reason he left. They got into a huge fight and then he just left. I never really new my father, I saw him once. That's it. But now, Carter's mom is devastated. She was like my mom. Both of our fathers left us. We'll just have to wait and see.
Dinner came fast, it was already 6:30 and Carter's dad hasn't showed up yet. My mom kept fixing her hair. She was gorgeous, I don't see why her ex- husband would leave her. Suddenly, the door bell rang. I was looking at the ground and I heard shallow breathing and Carter standing still with his jaw tense, Ash just fixed his tie. My mom, though didn't move, she was too focused on the table cloth. Then she moved slowly to the door, us right behind her. She slowly opened the door and saw the man who broke her heart. He was holding flowers and as he saw her, his mouth opened slightly and his eyes held confusion, like his mind saying, 'how can this be Karen?' His gaze shifted to his, well so called sons. Karen told me she got full custody.
"Hey," he said slowly. We all just stared at him. Then he noticed me. He froze. Those eyes though, they look so familiar. Everyone backed away, so I could introduce myself but suddenly, the man spoke up,
"K-Kate?" Karen gave me a quizzical look, the same with Simon and Carter.
"How'd you know my name?" The man just eyes me, stepping closer to me, but Karen stood in front of me,
"No, Charles, you are not touching my daughter."
"Daughter?"
"Yes."
"I see." He kept his eyes on me,
"I know, you look just like her." I flinched, only a twitch in the eye,
"How's you know my mother?"
"I was married to her." That did it, that's why he looked just like her, chocolate brown hair, high cheekbones, dimples, brown eyes.
"Your my father?"
"Yes." Now everyone was confused. Karen said,
"And you were my boyfriend at the time too?"
"I can explain."
"No Charles."
"Please, hear me out."
"Fine."
"I was a single man and I needed love. I needed it. I was too caught up on myself and I needed to find a women that I wanted to spend my life with. I found her," he looked at me, "Caroline. We loved each other. We had sex and then we had you. We were happy, but then I lost my job and went crazy. I went to a bar and met up with you," looked at Karen, "you know, we were both drunk and we went to my house and Caroline found out. I was married man still. Then I realized what I had done. I regretted it instantly. Karen you got pregnant and it was mine, brothers. I left Caroline because I couldn't take it anymore, I left Karen too," Karen was breathing heavily and crying, "I couldn't take it anymore. I had two women that I loved and I couldn't chose who to be with. I found a women, who I am now with: Jillian. I'm finally happy. Believe me now."
"Yes. I believe you." Then Karen hugged Charles. He smiled. Now I know, Karen was the cause of this mess,
"It's still all your fault?!" I yelled. Everyone looked at me.
"Kate, sweetie,"
"Your the reason he left my mom in the first place?!" I pushed Karen away "and now she's not here to forgive him too!"
"Kate, Caroline and I did love each other like I said and what do you mean?" He had a confused expression. I was too worked up to care.
"Then why did you leave her?!" Karen tugged on Simon and Carters shoulders,
"Come on boys, let's leave them." Charles gave a nod as they left.
"Why?!" I yelled,
"Kate, listen to me, it couldn't work out anyway,"
"Why?"
"I was already cheating on her and Karen was one of them."
"She's dead because of you?!" I had tears down my face. He froze.
"What?"
"Our house got on fire and I made it out, but she didn't!. I almost died, she died. She's gone!" He dropped the flowers.
"No, she can't be."
"Well she is. I'm all alone! You left and mom died! I have nobody! And you never once came back for me!!
"Caroline is dead? And I'm sorry and now I can't be your father. I'm with Jillian."His eyes filled with regret.
"Yes." I sunk down on my knees and cried my heart out, "your fault. I'm all alone, but your somehow still my father." He kneeled down,
"I didn't know, I was away and didn't read the news,"
Of course, your away- Away on other women."
"Hey, don't talk to me like that."
"I just did. How can you be even my father." My voice cracked. He glared at me
"I didn't read the news, I was on a business trip in Canada." I wiped the tears away
"Of course. You wouldn't know anything."
"I wouldn't." He answered and I thought I saw a tear.

That's part one, next chapter is part 2!! xx