59 hurt

Chapter Fifty-Nine
Candice's POV

"Can?" I ran to Kate's voice and hugged her. "Can? Are you alright?" I couldn't take it anymore, I cried into her shoulder. "Can, tell me, your scaring me." That made me sob harder.
"I- I hate him." I said in between sobs.
"Hate who?"
"M-Matt." I trembled. Kate pulled back about an inch and looked at me.
"What did he do?"
"He-he cheated-d on me twice and now he's still talking to the second girl and he was like-like he wanted to do it. But I don't get it, he said-he said he loved me. I mean what type of a person does that!" I pulled away and ran toward the front door and I saw Matt standing next to it but I pushed past him. I don't ever want to see his face again. I heard a creak once I was on the porch.
"Candice?" I stopped. I turned around and saw Chris sitting on the porch eating chips, again. That sort of made me smile. I weakly smiled.
"You cool?"
"No." He got up and wiped his hands over his loose jeans. It came to me that Chris was really attractive. Short brown hair, hazel eyes, tall and muscular. Wow. I walked toward him and he stuffed his hands into his pockets.
"What happened to you? You look awful."
"Oh, you know, I'm always like this."
"No, your not." He peered down at me, his eyes squinting. "Tell me, or you won't get any of my chips." I chuckled but it was at the ground. I put my hands on my hips and used one hand to wipe my tears.
"You should know that Matt and I broke up just like 5 minutes ago." He just was staring at me, those eyes piercing into mine. I carried on. "Because he cheated on me- twice aand he's still in touch with the second girl I mean, we promised each other to be honest with each other and I guess he-uh I don't know. If a guy tells you he loves you and then go one and cheats on you, then that means he didn't even care about the relationship?"
"Well, I'm a guy and what your saying is sort of hard to picture, I mean I get that he cheated on you, I mean, your asking me something that you should be saying to a girl. You know, girl to girl. Girl talk." I looked at him for a second as he raised his eyebrows. I figured it out.
"Oh! I'm sorry, I'm not saying your gay, god no. I mean in general."
"Well, I don't know. I never had a girlfriend, so I wouldn't know." He shrugged and turned to walk back.
"Can I walk with you?" I blurted out. He stopped and turned around.
"You know, you want to get out of here?"
"Sure." He grinned and walked to me and we walked together to somewhere where we wouldn't be seen. I glanced back at the house and saw Matt leaning on the door frame, playing with his hands. I scoffed and ignored his presence and walked with Chris.
"So..."
"So..where are we going?" He asked.
"Somewhere." I knew exactly where.
"Is it a gas station?"
"No.." I softly chuckled, "why would it be a gas station?"
"I don't know..it was the first thing that came to my mind."
"Hmm. I see."
"So...?"
"A special place."

An hour later, we were standing across a building. Chris was looking at it suspiciously, his hands still in his pockets. I heard him mutter something in Spanish way too fast for me.
"You speak Spanish?"
"Yeah. So this is the place?" He said, obviously changing the topic.
"Yes, you like?" It was silent for about two minutes, only the cars in the distant going by on the highway. Then a I saw Chris jumping up and down slightly.
"Ah! How did know?"
"Uh, I googled this store yesterday." He fixed his hair and then jogged to the entrance.
"Chris! Wait for me!" I cried after him. I jogged after him. He was already inside. Great. This was a big store. I always come to this store to clear my mind, especially when I'm sad. I read the sign:

WELCOME TO CANDYLAND

I opened the double doors and was ready to forget everything.
"Chris?" I said, as I was walking down the aisles. I stood on my tiptoes and I saw a familiar of brown hair. Found him. I grabbed his sleeve and turned him around. He had sugar around his mouth. He smiled. He is such a pig, even when he had a six pack and it was very outlined.
"What?" He said with his mouth full.
"Nothing." I laughed to myself silently.
This was going to be a long afternoon of eating candy. Well, we'll forget everything, me, forgetting Matt. I'm a free women.