Nineteen

Today everyone was on edge.

The tension was thick and you could almost feel it. I don't know why there was such a sudden change in the atmosphere. I mean, yesterday was fine. Well, as 'fine' as a day in high school could be. I mean, there were people from both schools talking to each other, laughing and flirting- hell, there was even small arguments. But nothing like today.

Students from both schools were staring each other for no apparent reason. People that would hang out were now in different sides of the school and they weren't even talking to each other. After each class they would be a huge fight between students from both schools. They would yell, punch each other, beat the hell out of each other and they would say shit about the other school.

And to think that's only for a school's football game. I would hate to see what would have happened if we were talking about professional football. Would they just kill each other because the other's supported other teams?

But, in all seriousness, I was getting nervous about the game tonight. From what I heard from Noah, reporters were going to be there and they even called the police because they knew that things might heat up. That made me even more nervous to go. I didn't want to end up in the hospital or in the police station. I really didn't.

"So, I heard you're coming to the game tonight?" Stephan asked as he leaned at the lockers next to mine.

"How could you possibly know about that?" I asked. Of course, I knew that he had talked to Max. He was the only one who knew that I was coming to the game and ever since Stephan had come to the school they had been really close buddies.

"Max told me. He was excited!"

"I bet he was. He is always excited when he gets to be around sweaty guys that are playing football!" I told him smiling at him. "Why would you ask me if I was coming to the game if you already knew and why would you care if I came to the game or not?" I asked him with raised eyebrows.

"I was just wanted to make sure you were going to be there." He said with a big smile.

"Why?" I asked. He was about to answer when the bell went off.

"Saved by the bell." He said and he did something that he had never done before. He kissed my cheek, he winked at me and he just walked away!

I was totally at a loss when I got to my next class.

To tell you the truth, I was at a loss the rest of the day. Why would he do that? Why would he kiss my cheek and wink at me? The most important question, you dumbass, is why would he want you to go to the game! The irritated voice in my head said.

"You're coming to the guy, right?" Someone said when I was heading to my car. I turned around to see Ethan walking up to me with the biggest smile I've seen him have the past month.

"Yeah. I thought since it is the championship game I should make an appearance. You know, make my fans happy!" I said smiling while I tease him.

"Yeah! You should. It's be very sad to see all those fans be so disappointed!" He said smiling and going along with the act.

"I will be there."

"Good. Because I seriously think that you could win this. I was sitting at the bleachers when the other team came by to practice..."

"You mean, you were spying on the other team's practice?" I cut him off.

"Whatever..." He said waving it off and I smiled. "Well, I saw them in practice and they weren't that good."