Twenty nine

Previously:

His face was more serious now, as though he was taking in every angle of me. He gently moved my hair behind my ear and brought his face even closer to mine. I closed my eyes in anticipation of what knew was to come next. I wanted this. His hand slipped around my slender waist and pulled me towards him closing that last inch that stood between us.

Now:

We were so close. I could feel his breath fanning my lips. My eyes were close and my heart was hammering inside my chest in anticipation. I was almost certain that he could hear my fast beating heart tattooing itself on my ribcage but at this point, I didn't care. I just wanted to kiss him so badly that all the embarrassment went out the window.

He leaned in even more and I took a breath in anticipation. In less than a second I would be kissing him...

But that kiss never came.

No, it wasn't a dream again but it was the damned door. Someone was banging on my damned door in the middle of the night and whoever it is, they are interrupting a very important moment.

"Ignore it." He said in a husky voice.

I tried to ignore it and so did Stephan- believe me, we did- but the banging on the door was insistent and the moment was ruined after the second set of the insistent banging. Stephan pulled back groaning and I did too.

"Sorry..." I said looking at him. He looked so hot right now. He had laid on the couch after he pulled back with his hands rubbing his face and then ruffling his hair. Now, with raffled hair, dilated eyes and breathing a little heavier than usual the sight was so alluring. I bit my bottom lip and, he stared at me. I knew he was ready to say something but another set of bangs interrupted him.

"I'll be right back..." I said giving him a shy smile before walking towards the front door.

I pulled the door open and who was it? Does anyone want to guess?

For all those who guessed that it was Ethan, you are the winner!

And he was here. In the middle of the night, knocking on my front door. The moment our eyes met, he smiled.

"Ethan, what are you doing here?"

"I was just worried. I wanted to make sure that you were okay. After all that's happened tonight..."

"Ethan, I'm fine. I told you so when you brought me home."

"I'm just worried..." He said and he took a step closer. "Can I come in?"

"I don't see the reason you need to come in." I said and looked at him shocked. "I said I'm fine and I truly am."

"I just want to talk for a bit."