Twenty four

A/N

I made some adjustments to the cast. Make sure to check it out. Keep in mind that I don't picture any actor, singer, celebrity etc. when I'm writing the chapter. I just thought they would be a better fit than the previous cast. Keep also in mind that it doesn't mean that you can't make any suggestions or imagine them otherwise in your head.

That's it from me.

Happy reading!

Love,

Elen, x.

Previously:

But, being me and with the luck that was following me, the moment didn't last that long. A couple of seconds later, all hell broke loose. And it all started with the opening of one door and with them stepping into the diner.

Now:

I don't know why I would be surprised that they would come into the diner. I don't know why I wouldn't expect to run into them at some point outside of school- we did live in a pretty small town and everyone was running into anyone here.

Stephan and Sandra came into the diner. I caught a glimpse of them over Ethan's shoulder and my face dropped. Again, I don't know why! I mean, I was used to seeing them in school together. Maybe it's because seeing them together outside of school makes it real for you that they are a couple? And that bothers you because you like him! The little annoying voice at the back of my head asked. And that voice was saying things like that more frequently lately. It kept insisting that I liked Stephan more than a friend. Well, someone has to be honest around here! And I don't see you do that!

"Why the long face all of a sudden?" Ethan asked snapping me out of my thoughts and drawing my eyes to him.

"Nothing..." I said trying to recover. I didn't want Ethan to know that they were here. He might have said that he was okay with seeing them together at school but I wasn't entirely convince he wasn't still angry.

I know that it seems like I'm overreacting or that I'm being overprotective over Ethan but it wasn't that I was being paranoid or something like that. It's because he would have bursts of anger and he would attack them. One day, we were walking towards our History class and he saw them talking- they weren't doing anything else; just talking. But he saw red. He threw his books on the floor and punched Stephan to the ground and then started yelling at Sandra.

I was just afraid of the same reaction happening here.

"It's not nothing, Danny. You went from laughing to frowning in less than a second." He says and then turns around to see what made my mood swing.

I could feel his body tense when his eyes met Stephan and Sandra that were now standing in the middle of the diner and they were looking around to find a place to sit. A minute later, they found a booth a few seats away from us and sat down there. But as they were sitting down, they both looked up and saw us.

"Hey, don't do anything!" I told Ethan. He span around and looked at me. He was furious. There was the vein pulsing on his forehead- something that was happening when he was mad about something. He was breathing heavily- he was either trying to calm down or it was out of anger; I don't know which one and his hands had formed tight, white-knuckled fists on the table.