Twenty five

I don't really remember much of what happened next.

It felt like I was underwater, but- weirdly enough- I wasn't drowning. There was a peaceful silence and a non frightening darkness that surrounded me. I was in total peace and I was calm without any care in the world. I had some connection with what was happening in the real world but nothing other than noises. I could hear someone talking but whoever voice that was, it was muffled. I couldn't understand anything they were saying. I could feel hands on me, touching me and poking me but I couldn't move or react to anything they were doing to me.

~~~~&~~~~

When I open my eyes, there was a bright like right in my face. Groaning from the burning sensation in my eyes, I closed my eyes back up shielding them from the bright as fuck light. I reached out trying to turn the freaking light that was in my face disturbing me in my sleep.

"Miss Evans, can you hear me? How are you feeling?" A man asked- his voice unfamiliar. My eyes opened right way trying to register who he was and where I was.

"Who are you?" I asked the tall man standing over me. He was wearing a white coat and he looked concerned... and tired.

I blinked the blurriness away and my eyes darted around the room. The room wasn't my room. It was a hospital bed.

"I'm doctor Anderson. Do you know where you are?"

"In a hospital." I said trying to sit up even thought both my body and the doctor were against it. "How did I get here?"

"You had an accident. Your friends brought you in here."

"What accident?" I can't remember anything...

"There was a fight and you hit your head a bit harder than usual. Your friends brought you in and they are waiting for you outside." He said as he kept flashing his pen/light thing in my face and touching my head.

And then, everything comes back to me. Ethan, Stephan, Sandra and the fight. I remember the worried expression in Ethan's and Stephan's face as they were asking me to talk to them so I won't fall asleep. I remember the blood coming out of my head because I hit my head while I was falling.

"Am I okay?" I asked the doctor when he was examining me.

"You had a minor concussion but everything is fine."

"Have I been out a long time?"

"It's been a few hours. We were getting worried. I just need to make sure there's not any brain damage, okay?" He says and shows me his pen/light thing asking me- without really asking me- if it was okay with me to temporarily blind me with it.

"Okay..." I said.

After the blindness wore off, the doctor thought it would be great to get personal while entertain himself. He told me three words and asked me to remember them. Then, he begun asking questions that the answers were clearly on my file, but he thought that it was a good use of his time to ask them either way. He asked for my name, my birthday and other stuff that were in the file and he should have read them instead of asking me. And when the third degree, he wanted me to tell him the three words he ha told me in the beginning.

"Okay, you seem fine. Okay, you seem fine. I will let you leave but if you feel nauseous or disoriented you have to come in the hospital for further treatment, okay?" The doc asked and I just nodded. I just wanted to get out of here and go to my warm comfortable bed. "Okay. I'll be back in a second with your painkiller prescription and the release forms."