Twenty one

I went straight home and hopped on the shower. A steamy, hot shower was just what I needed to relax and think for a bit. I must have stood under the hot water for a long time thinking about my day. I kissed Ethan and then I kissed Stephan. I kissed two guys I wasn't supposed to kiss because both of them are my friends and one of them has a girlfriend.

I must have stood under the hot water for a long time because by the time I made myself stop thinking about the kisses and the whole thing, the water had become cold and I was shivering a bit.

Making up my mind, I grabbed my phone and ordered pizza. I had decided that I would stay off line for the rest of the weekend. The last thing I needed right now, in the state of me trying to find out what and how the hell had happened, was the nasty comments and posts of Sandra, her friends and the rest of the girls of the school.

I also turned off my phone. I didn't want to talk to Stephan or Ethan, that would probably try to call me after the kiss. I just wanted to be left alone to try and figure out where to go from here. I just wanted to be alone to be able to think about everything.

~~~~~&~~~~~

    Monday mornings suck! It's a known fact. And the fact that I have to go back to school and face the two friends I kissed three days ago makes this particular Monday morning suck even more!

The first thing I thought about when I opened my eyes was that I have to face the two of them and make sense of the mess that happened on Friday night. And I SO didn't want that! Groaning and rubbing my face I got up and got ready for school.

I didn't turn on my phone until I was right outside of the school. And once I did, I had a lot of calls and texts from Max, Stephan and Ethan. I didn't open any of them. I didn't want to know anything at this point. I just wanted my life to go back to the way it was. I just wanted to spotlight off of me and I wanted to go back to be another student walking the halls.

I looked at the school's door from my car. I was parked but I didn't want to get out of the car. I was debating if I should stay and get in or just drive away. The good and rational part of my brain won and after a couple of minutes of debating even more, I got out of the car and headed to my locker.

As soon as I walked into the school, I could feel the energy of the whole school weird. Normally, people were laughing, talking and there was a buzzing from the million conversations around the halls. But today everything was silent. Every step I was taking was echoing down the halls and I felt like everyone was watching me.

Did I come in late? I checked my phone to see the time. Nope. I was right on time... What the hell is going on?

"Hey..." Max said. "Where the hell have you been? I've been calling you all weekend! Why didn't you answer the phone?" He asked and I was about to answer when he interrupted me again. "More importantly, why did you turned off your phone?"

"Good morning, Max. How are you? I'm good as well!" I said with a smile of my face. "How are you?"

"I was worried sick! And Ethan and Stephan were worried sick as well. You know, Stephan actually called me to ask if you were okay because you weren't picking up your phone. Ethan was calling you over and over again."

"I needed time to think, Max. I needed to be alone. I was off line all weekend." I said and I saw him visibly tense.

"So, you don't know?"

"Know what?"

"Oh my God! You actually don't know!" Max said and he was truly shocked.

"I turned on my phone a couple of minutes ago. What the hell happened?" I asked and I watched two of our football players walk right past us. They looked depressed. "What the hell happened to them?" I asked Max pointing at the players.