Ten

The ride to the party was comfortable. We sat in silence for the most part. I don't know what was up with Stephan but he was rather quiet. I tried to start a conversation but he seem to answer with a one word response, which doesn't really fuel a conversation. After a while, I gave up.

Without even asking him, I turned on the radio and I started humming along with the song that was currently playing while I was waving my hands and moving my head to the beat. I had completely forgotten that I was in a car with other people. I had forgotten completely that Stephan was in the driver's seat. And I didn't realize that I was dancing like no one was around until the car stopped at a traffic light and I felt Stephan's eyes on me.

"What?" I asked stopping immediately when I realized that Stephan was watching me nerd out right next to him. He didn't answer. He just smiled widely, shook his head and started the car again because the light had turned back to green.

I shrugged at the lack of response and I just continued doing what I was doing before. It didn't seem like he minded and I was having too much fun for me to stop.

~~~~&~~~~

We arrived at Ethan's house and the party seemed already out of control and it wasn't even midnight. The party scene reminded me of that movie... 'Project X'.

Okay, maybe not on that large of a scale but it was big

Okay, maybe not on that large of a scale but it was big. All the people age 15-25 from our town were there and there were some from other towns. They were people at the front lawn drinking, there was loud music and I could hear people diving in the pool at the back yard.

That's exactly why I don't go to parties like these. There are too many people and you could easily get lost or separated from your friends. And lets not talk about the chances someone has to spike your drink and get you to do stuff you wouldn't normally do.

"Ethan's mom would have a mental breakdown along with a heart attack and a stroke if she finds out what the hell is going on in her house right now!" I said getting out of the car. Stephan had insisted on opening the door for me.

"You think it will be that bad?" He asked as we made our way into the house.

"Are you kidding me?! You know what happens in these parties! Except from the drinking, the teenagers that would be vomiting in whatever they find in front of them and the countless red solo cups that will be all over the house tomorrow, she would have to worry about the surfaces of every piece of furniture in this house! These people are horny when they get drunk and they would do it anywhere without worrying who is going to be sleeping or eating on it later!" I said earning a chuckle from him.

"I guess you're right!"

"I'm always right!" I said winking at him and headed towards the kitchen to get a soda and ask around for Max.

"Where are you going?" Stephan asked after he grabbed my arm and turned me around.

"To get a drink!"