Six

Needless to say that I was beyond than shocked. He was the last person I would ever expect to want to go to Ethan's party, yet alone go with me. Maybe I didn't hear correctly. Maybe I hallucinated what he said!

"You want me to go with you to Ethan's party?" I asked in disbelief and trying to make sure I heard correctly.

"That's what I said." I just gave him a confused look. "What? Why are you making that face?"

"I just don't know why. Why would you want to go with me to Ethan's party? Actually why would you want to go to Ethan's party period?" I said and watched the corners of his mouth lift in a smile while his whole face read amusement.

"Well, I like partying as much as the next guy and I'm not going to refuse an invitation to one. Even if its host wants to kill me because I'm clearly better than him."

"Okay. That still doesn't answer my question as to why you want me to come with you!"

"You're a pretty girl and I like pretty girls as much as the next person!" He answered and I just glared at him and he laughed! HE LAUGHED! I'm freaking amusing to him! "But, the truth is that I heard some of the girls in my school might show up and they are all so boring! I would probably die out of boredom if I had to spend a lot of time with them. Having someone as my date- especially one that's from another school and doesn't particularly like the girls in my school- gives me an out."

"So, you want to use me to avoid girls?"

"Pretty much!" He said shrugging. "I mean, if we get to hook up in the mean time, I wouldn't mind one bit!"

"Stephan, we just met. We don't have the level or trust nor do we know each other at the level where you can tell me you want to use me and I'm okay with it!"

"I know we just met! I'm brutally aware of that!"

"Then, you can probably guess my answer!"

"We can go to dinner before Ethan's party and we can get to know each other. So we can make progress towards that level?"

"Why don't you take your girlfriend? I'm sure you have one or two somewhere. And I'm betting she's the captain of the cheerleading team since every football player seems to have fallen for the cliché of sleeping and being in a relationship with cheerleaders.

"You seem bitter about this! Are we still talking about me or are you deflecting your hidden feelings for Ethan?" He asked and I was trying to hold myself back from falling on the floor and start laughing my ass off.

"You think that I have feeling for Ethan? Are your for real?"

"That's what I've heard from everyone in this school."

"And you listen to gossip? You are a bright one, aren't you?" I said shaking my head. "I'm not in love with Ethan, I don't have feelings for him and he isn't or hasn't as well."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah!"

"Okay! Well, to get back to what I was saying. I don't have a girlfriend. But I've been with almost every single of the cheerleaders in my school. No one seemed interesting enough to keep me around long enough after we slept together."

"Look, I understand that you are the new meat in this school and you want to start some kind of competition with your friends in the football team and/or the guys from our school by sleeping with as many girls as you can but I'm not going to be one of them. I'm not going to be another knot on your belt that you can brag about to your friends. I'm not impressed by bad boys or your bad boy act." I said and I sighed. "Look, why don't you just walk away and sit in another desk and we can pretend this never happened? This way, your reputation as a bad boy and a player, since those things seem to be going together for some reason, stays intact and I don't have the burden on my shoulders of hitting your ego too hard?"