Twenty seven

Previously:

The man that was standing in front of me was the last man that I would have guessed to be at my doorstep in the middle of the night.

"Dad?"

Now:

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

It's been years since I've seen him and he had changed a lot. He had started growing grey hair on his temples and he looked chubbier than I remembered. But, as much I would want to forget the he ever existed; that he ever was in my life, I couldn't.

"Aren't you going to let me in?" He asked like he had any right to get into my place.

He was acting like we were okay and like the past few years never happened. He has the audacity to show up to my place in the middle of the night out of the blue and pretend like nothing has eve happened between us. He thinks that just because he's genetically bonded with me he has some kind of right to appear and disappear from my life and I would be okay with it?!

"No. What are you doing here in the middle of the night?"

"Can't I just be here because I've missed you and I want to see you?" He asked.

"No." I said flatly. He wasn't here to see me. He wanted something. And it had to be big because he came at this time of day.

He hasn't seen me in three years and he thinks that I can fall for his tricks just because he says something sweet to me. He thinks that I can't call him on his bullshits and that I can't see right through him.

"Now, I'm not going to ask again. What are you doing here?" I said still handing on the door mentally shielding him from my sacred place- my home.

"I need a favour." He said.

He needs a favour? HE NEEDS A FAVOUR? I screamed in my head. He needs a favour and naturally he comes to the daughter he abandoned because he thinks that I'm going to be willing to do whatever he wanted in hope that he will come back...? Or because I hope that he will love me if I do whatever he wants?

"I figured as much. I just don't think that you came to the right person for a favour. What in your right mind told you that going to the daughter you abandoned in a fucking hospital, while she was recovering from a nearly fatal accident in which her mom died, for a favour was a good idea? In fact, did you even think that I might not want to help with whatever you have going on because of what you've done to me?" I said trying my hardest not to launch on him and beat him until I have nothing left in me. Not when he's dead or unconscious, but when I'm worn out!

"Please... You're my only and last hope. I wouldn't have come here if I wasn't desperate." He said.

Something in me caved. I moved so he could come in. I don't know why I did it... My brain was screaming at me to leave him outside my door with no help with whatever he wanted help with- just like he had done to me. But I couldn't. With that being said, that doesn't meant hat I was going to agree to whatever he wanted me to do.

"Just so you know, I don't have money. And even if I had, I wouldn't give any to you. I would rather give it to someone who actually deserves it." I said- my voice so cold and emotionless that I surprised myself by the sound of it. It was the only logical explanation for him being here in such an hour.

"I don't want your money."

"Then, what do you want from me? I've been asking this question for the past three minutes and you don't see to want to give me a straight answer."