Chapter 2

Chapter 2

As the plane started to takeoff, someone quickly sat down beside me. At first I ignored them, since I was already looking out the window and had my earphones in, it wasn't hard. It was when they tapped my arm that I looked in their direction.

It was a man, who sitting down I could tell was definitely taller than my height of 5'5. He was boyishly handsome. He had exotic stormy gray eyes, that seemed to brighten as we made eye contact. His black hair was styled and only added to his business casual attire. He had on a black blazer and matching pants with a regular white shirt underneath. He oddly enough smelled like warm vanilla.

"Yes?" I asked slightly gawking at him.

His lips moved but I couldn't hear him. Remembering my earphones and I quickly took them out and asked him to repeat it. I tried to remain unaffected.

"I said did you want something?" I looked at him confused before he added, "from the cart."

I looked over and sure enough the flight attendant was at our isle. I responded quickly "No"

He nodded and she left. "My names Matteo Marrianelli by the way."

I starred at him for a minute, coming to terms with his sexy Italian accent, because sometimes sexiness just makes you pause for a second. "Are you going to tell me your name?" He asked chuckling.

I blinked and nodded. He looked at me expectantly before I realized what he asked, I felt my face warm up before replying, " I'm Nate."

"Nate....?"

"Doesn't matter" I stated

"Well Nate your rather adorable."

"What?" I asked dumbfounded. I wasn't going to lie and say I was ugly, I knew I was attractive but adorable is not the word I would have liked to be described as.

"You are adorable."

"Uh.... thanks." I replied trying to appear disinterested.

"So why are you heading to New York?"

"To work at a security company." I lied, "how about you?"

"Well I own my own company, not to mention I live there. It's not bad but since my company is well known I have to get security at my home." I smirked at him as he said this.

We won't be seeing each other any time soon, Mr. Marrianelli.

I'm not going to lie and say he wasn't hot but the more I look at him and hear him talk about his company, it makes him sound really cocky which was off for me. He acted like the sexy, could get anyone they want type and that was someone I didn't want. Not after, Jordan.

"That's good for you. I hope you continue to prosper." I said politely.

"Thanks. So what-"

"Passengers the plane is landing remain in your seats and exit once we give you the signal." The pilot said through the speaker. I breathed a sigh.

I put my earphones back in hoping to avoid talking to him, and to wait for the plane to land. Once we landed and got the signal, I got up and exited the plane since I didn't bring a carry-on.

I rushed to the place where you grab your luggage and after 30 minutes and an argument with an old lady I head off towards the taxi's. Just as I'm approaching the a taxi I hear someone call me. Being the dummy I am at the worst of times, I turned around to see Matteo running to catch up to me.

"Hey you ran off there, not even a goodbye." He pouted which made him look so cute that I felt like I was going to melt.

"Sorry I have to go,...uh have an emergency meeting with my boss so I have to go." I lied pathetically.

"Well could I at least have your number?" He asked hopefully.

I paled. I hate saying no. So I opted for another glorious lie, "Actually I don't have a phone at the moment, I'm getting a new one tomorrow from the company I'm working at. Look I really have to go maybe I'll see you around."

"Okay," he replied in obvious disappointment.

I ran to catch the taxi that was still empty and loaded my stuff in.

"Where to?"

I gave him the address and he put it into the GPS, as he started driving. We drove for about 45 minutes before we arrived.

It was a medium sized apartment building right across from the university I was attending. I grabbed my suitcases from the back and paid the driver. I walked inside the building and luckily it was on the first floor. Apartment number 10. I knocked and waited, bracing myself for the  expected.

Not even a minute later my best friend Jess came barreling out, only to tackle me in a bear hug.

"Nathaniel hun!!! Oh how I missed thee." He exclaimed kissing my face as if I was a little child before letting me go.

I probably should have mentioned I'd be living with him. Jess had platinum blonde hair and big doe brown eyes. He was lean and two inches taller than my 5 foot 5 self. Yeah I know I'm short.

"Well come in. Mi casa su casa mi amigo."

I looked at him weirdly before I brought my bags inside.

The theme was neutral tones of creme and brown and it looked nice. It had a living room, kitchen, and two bedrooms with connecting bathrooms.

"Your room is on the left, enjoy. I'm going clubbing tonight since your probably going to sleep the day away."

I chuckled knowing he was exactly right. I made my way to my new bedroom and it was ordinary. The walls were black with white carpet and a black king sized bed with white blankets. The closet was fairly large and there was a white dresser with a mirror above it, because I'm just that manly. I eyed my two suitcases.

I should probably put away my clothes and stuff.....

Shaking my head at the thought, I stripped down to my boxers and belly flopped on the bed, feeling exhausted. As soon as my head as my head the pillow I was instantly asleep.

Dreamland here I come.