Chapter 30

"Hmmm.....long time no see, kid." Christo's voice was like poison in my blood.

Saying it can't get worse is a lie. My life was built on things getting worse.

"mhta...hjfmaje...meh," I couldn't even form words, seeing his face again made memories flash through my mind.

"So Alexander or maybe I should call you Nathaniel now, what are you doing in my house?" he asked me, still smirking curiously.

"Papa what are you doing to my guest?" Matteo asked from somewhere on the left.

"Your guest? Teo, you know Nathaniel?" Christo asked, loosening the pressure he was using to keep me in place. I was glad to have his attention directed anywhere but me.

As I tried to sort my jumbled thoughts, Matteo's words registered in my head. Papa? As in father? No....it couldn't be.

I thought back to when he told me about his father, back when my memories were gone.

Christo. Christoffel Marrianelli. I felt like such an idiot. I didn't realize the similarities in the names and in the stories. His dad was a mafia boss who was making one of his sons marry someone for a business deal. A business deal? Is that what he considered business, because I considered it a do this or die type of deal.

"He-he's your f-father?" I stuttered the question out as I trembled, still in shock.

"Yes, what's wrong mi amor? Papa what did you do?" Matteo glared at his father and Christo's smirk dropped as he turned to me with a blank look. I felt myself panic. I didn't know what he was about to do.

He reached up and grabbed my throat, his hands rough and calloused against my throat, leaning down to whisper in my ear. I looked at Matteo in panic and he stood there eyes wide in shock," You're just as bad as you whore mother. Making my son fall in love with you, and for what? To get back at me? To make sure I wouldn't be able to kill you since he's fallen in love with you? And here I hoped you'd grow up to be better than your insolent parents. And to think I was going to be merciful and let you out of our little, arrangement." His voice was hard and rough as if he was restraining himself.

His grip on my throat tightened and I tried to calm down. Panicking and spazzing out wouldn't help. He was stronger than me and I knew I wouldn't be about to get out of it, I learned that best from Liza. The thought of my adoptive mother sent a bolt of fire through my veins. So instead of quivering in fear I looked at him and forced the fakest smile of my life.

"I wish I could say that was my plan, but it wasn't. It would be like you to always assume the worse," I breathed out as he tightened his grip, before loosening it again," but unfortunately for me, I'm not that heartless. And unfortunately for little old me, I was being stupid and didn't put two and two together. Christo...Christoffel. It was right in my face but I guess I tried to block out that possibility. I love Matteo with everything in me, and you might not believe it, hell I wouldn't believe it. But do you really think I would risk my life by doing something that stupid. I've never been the type of person who likes revenge, that's more your thing, but fine do what you will. Matteo knows everything already, he knows how I feel, and he knows that nothing will ever change that."

Christo looked so mad I thought he was going to explode, his hand was coming towards my face and I closed my eyes waiting for the impact, but it never came.

I opened one eye to see Matteo grabbing Christo's wrist, keeping it from connecting to my face. He was mad. It was kind of sexy actually, I just wanted him to...oh god not the time.

"Father I think we need to have a word. Nathan, go to my room upstairs, it's the second door on the left and keep the door closed, and I'll be up there shortly." His jaw was hard and the intensity of his glare made me uncomfortable as I tried to slip out of Christo's hold and thank God he released me with only a glare.

I turned wordlessly and started walking back to where I remembered seeing the staircase, before I heard Matteo call out," And by the way, I love you too, mi amor."

I smiled softly to myself, even as the feeling of dread settled in my stomach. I was a trouble magnet. Snake-bitten. I walked up the wooden mahogany stairs and entered the second door on the left and to say I was surprised would be an understatement.

I walked into the room. The floor was carpeted with a navy blue carpet, the black walls were barren aside from a few band posters, and there was a black desk with an open laptop on it but that's not what caught my attention.

What caught my attention was the naked carbon-copy of Matteo lying on top of the black comforter, his eyes were closed, and his.....little friend was at full attention. What the fucking hell?

He opened his eyes and looked at me, tilting his head at me. I gasped still in shock. His eyes weren't gray like Matteo's, no they were an unusual shade of purple. He looked exactly like Matteo except for the difference in eye color.

"Hmmnuh....who the......what the.....isn't this Matteo's room?" I asked flabbergasted.

He smirked at me, a smirk that reminded me of Christo's and I backed up a little as he got off the bed and started walking towards me.

"Not anymore," he answered simple, as he stood in front of me.

"Who are you?" I had a pretty good idea who he was based on his appearance alone.

"They call me Montero, angel."

Oh bloody hell.