Chapter 3

I stayed behind in the lounge room picking up a tea cup that had fallen off when Sebastian left in a hurry. The cup had rolled under one of the plush arm chairs. I picked it up gently and looked at it. There were decorative roses painted on it that matched the rest of the set along with embedded gold that shined around the rim, and there was a little chip in the cup that was barely noticeable.

        'Everything is so fancy.....I better be more careful around here!'

        I got up and made sure nothing else was left behind as I stood by the dark wood door.

        The long hallway seemed to grow a little dark from the setting sun, it cast a subtle orange glow on the flowered wallpaper and red carpet. I couldn't help but look over my shoulder every now and again thinking someone was following me.

        'Don't loose your head now! Ciel is probably in his study and the others along with Sebastian are in the kitchen...nothing to worry about!'

        I continued walking but paused in the hallway. There were big windows that overlooked a massive garden full of roses. I grinned and walked closer to the window to look outside.

        Suddenly there was a faint, cold chill behind me. I spun around quickly holding the teacup, in defense just in case but, no one was there.

        "Oh...hah," I let out a tense laugh. "must be my imagination. Plus, how could I fight back with a little tea cup?" I rolled my eyes at the thought of myself trying to fight off a bear with a little, porcelain cup.

        I went to turn back around to admire the garden a bit longer, and bumped into someone's chest.

        "Are you okay my kitten?" I heard the person say.

        'Sebastian!'

        I looked up at Sebastian's face nervously.

        "I got distracted by the scenery! Haha." I said pointing to the large set of windows.

        Sebastian looked outside and seemed to be thinking for a little.

        He was dressed differently, he just had his white button up shirt, tie and vest along with an apron that was tied around his slim waist. Sebastian finally turned his head to gaze down upon me.

        "Oh, and you left this behind." I said as I looked down at the carpet, holding the little tea cup up to him.

        "How foolish of me to leave this behind, you have a good eye my little kitten." Sebastian smirked as he picked the cup from my hands, letting his palm touch the tips of my fingers slightly.

        I cringed at the little pet name he had given me.

        "We better get back to the kitchen before the bumbling baboons ruin things." Sebastian smiled as he walked behind me and pushed me gently, trying to usher me down the hall.

        "R-right..." I said getting away from his touch.

        It didn't take us long to get to the kitchen, Sebastian held the door open for me.

        "Oh look, there she is!" Mey-Rin smiled with her hands in the dish water of a  large metal sink.

        "Sheesh, its about time." Bardroy said as he poked the fire under the oven with a metal rod.

        "Where's Finny?" I asked looking around.

        "He's making sure the horses are alright for the night." Bardroy put the metal rod into a holder.