Chapter 4

Sebastian pulled me over to him and placed my hands on the bar of the cart to push it.

        "You can do it, think of it as a challenge. If you help me run things smoothly tonight I will reward you. If not...." Sebastian held a gloved finger up to his lips and gave me a small wink.

        I gulped as he opened the door to the dining room and I pushed the cart into it.

        My legs began to wobble from being nervous, Sebastian's words echoed through my head.

        'What the hell does he mean?!'

        "This evening we have rosemary chicken with a raspberry vinaigrette salad along with earl grey tea and water to drink." Sebastian said as he appeared walking in front of me.

        'How in the world does he keep doing that?!'

        I pushed the cart carefully up to the table. Sebastian began placing the now uncovered dishes in front of everyone. He looked over at me and motioned his hand towards the glass pitcher full of water.

        I was still shaky as I picked up the handle of the pitcher, and held onto it from the front to allow some stability so I wouldn't spill water all over the nice table cloth. I walked around the table filling the fancy glasses, feeling the back of my neck tingle. Sebastian must have been watching me carefully as he began to place cups of earl grey next to the glasses of water.

        I was pouring the last glass of water next to Lady Elizabeth when I looked up for a fraction of a second, Sebastian had his eyes locked on mine as he stood next to Ciel. I trembled slightly, causing a drop of water to fall onto the table cloth.

        My heart stopped.

        'I......I just spilt water on the table. Please don't kill me Sebastian! PLEASE.'

        I began to panic a little.

        "Please forgive me." I bowed my head to Lizzy.

        "It's alright, you're new!" Lizzy said in her squeaky voice as she gave me a sympathetic smile.

        I nodded and walked back over to the cart and set the pitcher down. Sebastian stared at me, his eyes seemed to smolder a little.

        I grabbed the bar of the cart and pushed it to the dim side of the dining room so I wouldn't feel so ashamed.

        I sat in the cushy chair where Bardroy had been leaning back on. I let out a quiet sigh placing my head on my hands.

        My (e/c) hair hung closer to the side of my face, shielding my rosy cheeks.

        Sebastian looked like he was chatting a little with everyone, I could hear Lizzy answering and talking to Ciel because her voice was so high pitched.

        Sebastian looked across the room right into my eyes. I shot straight up in my chair and ran my fingers through my hair a little scared of him.

        "Please excuse me." Sebastian bowed at the end of the table.

        Ciel nodded, and Sebastian began to walk over towards me.

        My heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest, and began to beat faster as Sebastian walked closer to me.

        Sebastian stood by the cart next to me.

        "Well my love, it looks like you caused a little scene." Sebastian whispered as he looked down at me.

        I had a lump in my throat, but stayed silent.

        "I guess you won't have a reward then...." Sebastian smirked.

        I gulped and shuddered a little.

        'What is he planning to do? Is he going to eat me?! Feed me to the vicious hounds that lurk around London at night?! Throw me in the oven?!'

        Horrible ways of dying filled my head.

        "What to do with you is the question." Sebastian said in a hushed voice.

        I looked up at him, I know he could sense my fear.

        "You look a little faint. My little kitten shouldn't fall asleep this early, we haven't had enough time for any games yet." Sebastian winked.

        My face grew red. I quickly put my head down trying to conceal myself.

        Sebastian walked in front of me, and stooped down just a little above my head.

        He put two of his gloved fingers under my chin and held my head up. He looked into my (e/c) eyes, seeming to read my thoughts. Sebastian chuckled to himself quietly as he smirked and took his hand away.

        "Sebastian." Ciel called him over to the table.

        "Yes my lord?" Sebastian asked as he walked away from me and over to the table next to Ciel.

        "We would like to have some dessert now." Ciel said looking up at his loyal butler with his blue eye.

        "Of course my lord." Sebastian smiled.

        I got up and walked over to the table to take the dinner plates.

        Sebastian gathered Ciel's and Lady Elizabeth's plates as I grabbed Paula's. We walked quietly to the cart and set the plates down.

        "I can get the dessert, you just wait until Lady Elizabeth and her maid leave." Sebastian smiled as I pushed the cart into the kitchen.

        The other four servants must have went to bed, they were no where to be found in the kitchen.

        I looked out the window above the sink, night had fallen and the stars shone brightly outside.

        'How long were they eating? I swear it was only a few minutes!'

        I took the plates and began to wash them as Sebastian entered the kitchen and got the dessert plates onto the cart.

        "Too bad, the reward for you was a leftover piece of this cake. Looks like I will have to share it with you." Sebastian smirked looking at me.

        I had my back to him, trying my best to ignore him but I'm sure he could sense how irritated I was, I scrubbed the dinner plates quicker.

        I heard him push the cart and the kitchen doors closed.

        "Bloody hell." I said aloud as I placed began to dry the dishes and put them up.

        I rubbed my eyes as I yawned feeling tired from all the crazy things that happened today. Especially due to Sebastian.

        'At least I get some cake I guess.' I shrugged as I sat down at the kitchen table.

        I looked out the window again, the moon was shining and looked big in the dark blue sky. I put my arms on the cold table and laid my head on them to cushion myself. I yawned again and began to close my eyes.

        I fell into a calming sleep at the table, too tired to think of what could happen.