Chapter 8

"That's enough!" Sebastian shouted as he began to take off his left glove with his teeth.

        "Are you wanting to fight me filthy demon?" Ash put his had on his rapier that was at his side.

        "If you leave her alone, I won't fight you. You leave her out of this mess you have created. You even fooled the damned queen." Sebastian said, his eyes glowing pink as a black raven feather fell onto my lap and quickly turned to ash, leaving a bloody imprint on my apron.

        I quickly stood up.

        Ash looked at me, in an instant he was standing and had his rapier pointing at my neck.

        "Well, well, well demon. Is this your other weakness? No matter how much compassion they are given, humans cannot be saved. Maybe I should hurt this one just to see what you can do?" Ash laughed like a maniac as he pulled back his sword.

        "_______, cover your eyes.....no matter what happens, don't open them." Sebastian said as more black feathers flew around the room.

        I closed my eyes as I saw Ash about to thrust the rapier into my neck, but heard something fly across the room instead and crash into the wall.

        I heard Ash begin to laugh even more psychotic. "YOU FILTHY DEMON!!! THEY WILL ALL BURN!!!" Ash began to scream, I heard a loud crash followed by the shatter of glass.

        Everything was quiet, I began to cry a little as I held my hands over my eyes to prevent them from opening.

        A few moments later, I heard glass crunching under someones feet as they walked towards me. Someone was in front of me.

        "It's okay now, you can open your eyes." Sebastian's voice broke the silence as he pulled my hands away from my face.

        I opened my eyes and began to sob. Sebastian pulled me to him and embraced me tightly.

        "I-I thought y-you left!" I cried in between sobs. I just nuzzled my face into Sebastian's chest and held my arms around his neck.

        "Mister Sebastian!!!!" I heard the three servants running down the hall, along with a fourth person....

        "GO! Make sure Ciel is safe and protect the manor!" Sebastian yelled as he picked me up.

        "Sebastian, the servants will take care of this. Ash took Pluto with him. His intentions seemed evil." I heard another mans voice.

        I opened my eyes and looked towards the doors, there stood a tall old man.

        "T-Tanaka?" I said as I sniffled a little.

        "Good, ________ is not harmed. Yes, my lady I am Tanaka. Have no fear for the servants and Sebastian will protect us." The mature Tanaka said.

        "Its a good thing I had Ciel stay to his studies, things could have been much worse." Sebastian said to Tanaka.

        Tanaka nodded, and then there was a burst of steam that filled the room. Once it cleared, Tanaka was in his little old man form.

        "Ho ho ho." Tanaka said as he held his tea in his hand.

        "Come now, let's get the young lord." Sebastian said as he looked down at me and carried me through the hall bridal style.

        I wiped my eyes and sniffled a little more as I tried to calm down.

        "I-I'm sorry, I should have stayed in the room." I said to Sebastian.

        Sebastian stopped. "Its not your fault, I had a feeling Ash had other plans for us today. You were very brave." Sebastian kissed my fore-head sweetly.

*   *   *

        We entered the study room, Ciel was sitting in a plush chair in front of a big board game.

        "What was all of that noise? Did the servants blow something up again?" Ciel asked Sebastian, looking at both of us with his piercing blue eye.

        "My lord, Ash threatened the manor and wanted to speak with you. I fear he had other intentions." Sebastian said as he placed me gently on the floor.

        "I scared him off, he took Pluto the demon hound with him too." Sebastian said as he put his gloves back on.

        Ciel looked at the feather imprint that was burned into my apron.

        "Hm. Nice job." Ciel said as he looked out the window.

        "Yes my lord, what kind of Phantomhive butler would I be if I couldn't chase off hermaphrodite angels and save a damsel in distress?" Sebastian bowed and smirked.

        "Quite." Ciel responded.

        "I require my afternoon tea. Everything is off balance as it is." Ciel sighed as he knocked over one of the game pieces on the table.

        "Yes, my lord." Sebastian bowed.

        Sebastian left me with Ciel.

        "What happened to your apron?" Ciel asked looking over at me.

        "U-um..." I began to twist my end of my apron.

        "Hah, its alright I know what happened due to Ash screaming like a mad man." Ciel smirked a little as he knocked down another game piece.

        "Sebastian is a very loyal butler and would do anything to keep me safe....even if he has to kill someone." Ciel said staring at me.

        I nodded a little.

        "He has never shown any sense of liking a human until he saw you last week." Ciel said as he straightened the board game cards.

        "We were walking down the street going to see the Undertaker, when he looked up in one of the two story windows of the flat you were in and he saw you watering the flowers in the window." Ciel said amused.

        "He wouldn't shut up about you until he over-heard your old master talking about leaving." Ciel looked over at me again. "Anything strange happen to you lately?" Ciel smirked.

        Sebastian walked into the room holding a tray with tea.

        "Earl Grey my lord?" Sebastian asked as he set the cup in front of Ciel.

        Ciel nodded and took the cup in his hand.

        "________, strange things happen in this manor," Ciel took a sip of tea. "I would be more careful if I were you." He set the tea cup down.

        Sebastian looked over at me and gave me a slow wink as he placed a gloved finger over his lips.

        "I made an extra cup of tea for you ________." Sebastian said as he pulled the chair opposite from Ciel out.

        Ciel looked over at me amusingly.

        I walked over and took the seat, as Sebastian pushed it in towards the table.

        I sipped the tea and couldn't help but look down at the board game Ciel was playing.

        "Would you like to play?" Ciel asked as he picked his tea cup up again.

        "No thank you, I think I have had enough entertainment for today." I smiled.

        Sebastian chuckled to himself.