Chapter 14

"Here we have a wonderful robin. Her body parts are simply beautiful like a little china doll."

        I awoke with a horrible headache and it felt like everything was spinning. My ankles and wrists were tied together and I had a blindfold tied around my eyes.

        "The bidding will start at one-thousand pounds."

        'Was that Lord Druitt? Where the hell am I?'

        "Two-thousand pounds!" Someone shouted.

        "Four-thousand pounds!" Another exclaimed.

        'Was I a new victim to human trafficking? All of the stories of kidnappings and human trafficking had been run by Lord Druitt all along!'

        I felt someone grab the ends of the blindfold. "Now then, what about her eyes? Aren't they a lovely color? I'm sure your bidding will raise even more!" Lord Druitt proclaimed as my blindfold untied and fell off.

        I was bound to a human birdcage on a stage with a heap of masked people in the audience!

        "Ten-thousand pounds!" A man in the back of the room boomed.

        "Ten-thousand pounds, going once...." My heartbeat began to race.

        'Please Sebastian! Help me! I'm sorry!'

        "Twice...."

        I closed my eyes and bit the inside my cheek; now afraid of what was going to happen next.

        "Twenty thousand pounds!" A familiar soothing voice rose above the others.

        Everyone in the room began to whisper to one another. I quickly opened my eyes and looked among the audience.

        "Who said that?" Lord Druitt looked around.

        "I did." Said a chilling whisper behind me.

        I saw everyone looking behind me in terror when suddenly the lights went out. Everything fell silent and I broke out into a nervous panic as I tried to wiggle my wrists and ankles free. The darkness around me felt like I was laying in a bed of cotton, and was quite eerie.

        The lights flickered back on dimly and in front of me stood a tall, raven haired butler.

        "Sebastian!" I cried out as I reached for him.

        My arms and ankles had been untied but I noticed that I was wearing a different, knee length dress instead of my ball gown since I hadn't paid attention to what I was wearing when my blind fold fell off. I felt embarrassed. Sebastian lifted me up and out of the human bird cage and held me tightly to him.

        "I'm sorry! I really am!" I began to sob and hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go.

        I could finally feel the warmth from Sebastian. He carried me out of the dim, dust and anesthetic smelling room to a balcony.

        The moon was shining bright along with the stars. Sebastian's eyes were a deep red, and were soft as he gazed into mine. A cool breeze tickled my face and bare legs.

        The air smelt like rain, but I was warm. Sebastian leaned in towards me and kissed me tenderly with his soft lips.

        That warmth that I had felt was love.

        I stopped kissing Sebastian.

        "I think love you." I whispered to him.

        His eyes were starry and full of happiness. After a short pause, he looked into my eyes deeply.

        "I think I love you too," I could feel his warm breath hitting my neck that sent a tingle through my shoulders down to my toes, "Kitten." Sebastian smirked as he passionately kissed me.