Chapter 5

I was almost awake when I heard Sebastian talking to Ciel in the dining room.

        "Young master, ________ has learned things quite well today. She must have been exhausted, she fell asleep at the kitchen table." Sebastian said.

        "She must be doing well. The manor hasn't burst into flames, and she hasn't broken anything." Ciel replied. I heard a 'clink' of someone placing down a cup.

        "Are you ready to retire for the evening my lord?" Sebastian asked.

        "Hm.... I suppose, what time is it?" Ciel answered.

        "Midnight." Sebastian stated.

        "Might as well, any new cases yet?" Ciel asked.

        Someone scooted a chair in.

        "No my lord. Things are rather quiet." Sebastian answered.

        Their voices trailed off and I heard the main dining room doors shut.

*   *   *

        Twenty minutes later I was awoken by someone entering the kitchen. I kept my eyes shut trying to pretend to still be asleep.

        Whoever it was, pulled out the chair next to me and sat down.

        "My little kitten has fallen asleep." They whispered in a soothing voice, in an instant I knew it was Sebastian.

        "Her cake is untouched too. My, my she must have been tired." Sebastian twirled a curled part of my hair gently around his finger.

        I opened my eyes a little, trying to look like I was just waking up.

        "Ah, there she is." Sebastian smiled.

        I opened my eyes fully, and blinked but still had my head resting on my arms.

        "Would you like some of this ________?" Sebastian asked as he pulled the plate with the piece of cake towards him.

        I nodded.

        'Well, I am a little hungry...I suppose I might as well play along.'

        I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

        Sebastian grabbed a fork and stabbed a piece of cake onto it. He leaned close to my face and held the fork out.

        "Come on, don't worry." Sebastian said as he ushered to fork towards my mouth.

        I stared at him a little but finally gave in, and opened my mouth. Sebastian slipped the fork into my mouth with the piece of cake gently.  I bit into the spongy cake which tasted like red velvet.

        Sebastian took the fork out of my mouth and set it down.

        "Well? Do you like it?" He asked, still leaned in close to me.

        "Mhm." I nodded and smiled.

        "I haven't tasted it yet, may I have a bite?" Sebastian's eyes gazed into mine and he smiled.

        My eyes widened a little.

        'He wants me to feed him?! This is strange....yet I some how find it kind of cute!'

        I picked up the fork and stabbed another little piece of cake onto it and held it out to him. He locked his eyes onto mine as he took the fork into his mouth and ate the cake. My cheeks turned red and I quickly set the fork down a looked away.

        Sebastian chuckled. "I'm not very fond of human food, but I have to say I enjoy the taste of my own cooking."

        I was still red, but kept quiet. Sebastian gently lifted my chin up like he did in the dining room, except this time he didn't have gloves.

        "You are my little kitten, I won't let anyone have you." Sebastian said as he kissed my lips tenderly and nibbled at my bottom lip before breaking off.

        He caressed my face that was a brighter shade of red than it was before.

        'He kissed me! This time, and actual kiss! Unlike in the lounge....I think I might faint.'

        I felt a little woozy, and almost fell out of my chair.

        "_______, are you alright? Maybe I should show you to your room." Sebastian said as he caught me from falling. His eyes sparkled.

        'Is this the real Sebastian? THE Sebastian? Unless....No, he is only playing with my emotions.'

        I felt my eyelids grow heavy and I wanted sleep. I quickly went into a defensive mode because Sebastian began to lift me up out of my chair!

        "Sebastian! Hey!" I shoved his chest a little, but he already had me in his arms bridal style.

        "Shhh, it's alright. I know you're tired." Sebastian cooed and winked at me.

        He carried me through the dining room and we walked down a long hallway.

        I could hear his heart beat if I held my ear against his chest, it was very soothing and made me want to fall asleep in his arms.

        He stopped in front of a door and opened it. Inside was a small room, that appeared to be a servants room. My eyes caught the nice, fluffy bed that made me want to crawl in it and fall asleep right away.

        Sebastian sat me down on the bed gently, but I wouldn't let go of him. I stared at his red eyes, those eyes that made me melt. I let go of him and began to pull back the covers of the bed.

        Sebastian began to walk towards the door.

        "Sebastian..." I called as I laid down and pulled the thick blanket up.

        "Yes, my kitten?" Sebastian asked as he turned around to face me. He had a smirk across his face.

        "....could you lay with me until I fell asleep?" I asked him as I fidgeted with my blanket nervously.

        Sebastian closed the door and smiled. "Of course."

        He took off his shoes, butler coat and vest. Sebastian loosened his tie and folded the coat, vest and finally set his tie on top and placed his shoes next to them on a small chair.

        Sebastian walked to the other side of the bed and crawled in. I suddenly felt extremely nervous.

        'Please don't do anything stupid or creepy, please, please, please.'

        He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. Then he pulled the blanket over us. Sebastian was so tall, my head rested a little below his chest, he still held me in his warm arms.

        "Kitten," Sebastian whispered after a few minutes. "kitten?" he whispered again in my ear.

        "Huh? What?" I asked almost asleep.

        "...Nothing, I just wanted to hear your voice. I wasn't certain if you were asleep." Sebastian said, I could feel his smile and gaze in the dark.

        "Oh...." I replied, turning over and nuzzling my face in his chest.

        I felt him tense up at my sudden movement, but he gradually relaxed again.

        Sebastian ran his fingers through my hair as I fell asleep.

        'I think I'm in love with a demon.....'

        I quickly fell into a deep slumber, and dreamt about spilling a giant pitcher of water onto folded table cloths. Even in my dreams, I was nervous about living here in the Phantomhive manor.