Chapter 12

I kept running down the hall, the plush carpet squished under my feet as I ran. The big staircase separating the wings of the house were in front of me. I ran down the stairs, through the main room of the manor and opened one of the main entrance doors and ran out in to the dark outside.

        The moon dimly lit everything up outside, and the gravel crunched under my still bare feet. Some sharp pieces dug into my heels, only adding to the pain that I was already feeling. I ran down the big driveway that was surrounded by the forest. The manor was far behind me, I could barely notice where it was. I wiped the rest of the tears that stained my cold face.

        I heard a voice that was coming from a little ways down the road, so I decided to walk towards it. As I walked closer, I saw a carriage and a handsome man with light shaggy hair, with a fancy white suit was talking to I'm guessing one of his servants that had been diving the carriage. I ran towards a tree a little close to the road and hid behind it as I observed him.

        "Well, we might as well head back. I will just have to give the invitations tomorrow." The blonde man said

        "As you wish my Lord Druitt." The servant bowed his head.

        I heard a branch behind me break, causing me to jump.

        "Who's there? It's alright, I won't hurt you." The blonde man said timidly.

        I stepped out into the road a little nervous.

        "Oh my, looks like I have found a damsel in distress!" The man exclaimed with an angelic expression as he looked at me with his warm lavender eyes.

        "We can't just leave you out here, there are wolves and other frightening animals out here. Would you like to come with me?" The handsome man stuck a white gloved hand out to me and smiled a little.

        I looked at him a little but took his hand. 

        I didn't care if I was leaving that demon behind, I needed true love from a real human being.   Not a demon who plays with emotions. I was tired of being confused.

        "I am Lord Druitt, who might you be little robin?" Lord Druitt asked as he helped me into the carriage.

        I sat down an looked at my feet. 

        "I'm ______ ______." I replied shyly.

        Lord Druitt got in the carriage and sat next to me closely and wrapped one of his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him, my head rested gently against his chest.

        "You look weary and tired, don't worry if you fall asleep. I will protect you little robin, and once we get to my manor I will make sure you have clothes that suit you to my liking." He smiled as I laid my head down onto his lap.

        'Now I'm a robin? What's with all of these handsome men giving me nicknames? At least it's better than being called kitten...but....'

*    *     *

        I opened my eyes sleepily as the carriage stopped.

        "You look so peaceful when you sleep little robin. I would love to watch you sleep for hours. But, alas, we have arrived to my manor." Lord Druitt smiled down at me, but I didn't expect him to pick me up and carry me out of the carriage and into the manor.

        Lord Druitt's manor was smaller than Ciel's but it was still a lovely looking manor. Lord Druitt set me down as we entered the main parlor.

        "Please show ________ to her room. I will be turning in for the night." He said while he talked to a maid.

        "Yes my lord." The maid curtsied. 

        "Please, follow me miss." The maid called over to me.

        I followed her as we walked past a huge ballroom.

        The carpet wasn't as plush like the Phantomhive Manor. There was also a eerie feeling like the paintings in the hall were watching me as I followed the maid.

        I wasn't paying attention, as I tripped up a small step and caught myself on my hands.

        "Oh my! Are you alright miss ______?" The maid quickly knelt beside me.

        I thought of what happened when I tripped and felt on Sebastian.

        'He was so warm and comforting.....No! He's not worth it! He tried to seduce me!' 

        I mentally slapped myself for thinking of him.

        "Y-Yes, I'm fine." I replied as I got up.

        "Alright, an this is your room. Please call if you need assistance with anything." The maid bowed her head a little and left.

        I opened the door, and peered into the room. There was a canopy bed, a large wardrobe with a large mirror, a dresser with a round mirror, plush carpet and was very elegant. 

        I walked in straight towards the bed and collapsed onto it. I was exhausted for staying up this long, and for doing so much work during the day.

        I quickly fell asleep on the fluffy bed.

        For the first time I dreamt of Sebastian. We were at a ball, he and Ciel were dressed in disguises They seemed to be looking for someone but, I'm not sure who. As people danced around, Lord Druitt decided to dance with me but when it was time to trade partners, Sebastian took my hand. Everything seemed to flow in slow motion as he twirled me around.

        Sebastian whispered something in my ear as we began to waltz, then he kissed my lips and twirled me around again. As I came back to face him, he was gone, and Lord Druitt was in his place.

        How peculiar.