00:03

chapter three |
Y o u r  p o v

"It's true, we broke up & I don't want to talk about it." I told my friends. They stood there in their intimidating postures, watching me while I piled my textbooks that I didn't need for fourth period in my locker.

They were surprised & so was I. Jax & I started dating since freshman year. Everyone thought that we were one of those couples that would "make it". We lasted longer then all the relationships in each grade.

"Did you guys find dates for prom?" I asked them, changing the subject. It seemed like they were feeling sorry for me & I didn't want that.

"I don't do dates or dances." Mason said. Of course because your a fboy. Mason had slept with most of the cheerleading squad, maybe even our health teacher. It was always the tall ones that were players.

I looked over to Austin and Casey, knowing that they were going to go together.

"We're going together." Austin smiled while his hands were intertwined with hers. They are literally goals. I always thought me & Jax could be like them but I guess I thought wrong. They started dating in Junior year and they've been going strong ever since.

"We're going to just go together." Ethan said gesturing his hand to Andrea. When did they start liking each other? I wondered to myself.

"Did I miss something?" I asked while shutting my locker and leaning on it.

"Noooo, it's just we don't have dates so we decided to go, as friends." Andrea said, putting emphasis on friends. She sent me a playful glare.

Sure.

"Since me and Jax are donezo I might not go." I said while eyeing Mason suspiciously. For some reason that day he kept being flirtatious. Point of the matter is I caught him staring at my chest. "Can you control your sexual urges please." I said uncomfortably. MI zipped up my leather jacket, covering my chest. Did he forget that I'm the girlfriend of his best friend? Well ex-girlfriend. He raised his arms up defensively.

"Then who are you going to go with?" Casey asked feeling worried. She had blonde wavy hair that would always cascaded down her shoulders. People around school nicknamed her goodie locks.

"Me." Mason chimed in immediately. He leaned his hands on the locker, above my head.

"No." I said.

"Hey babe."Jax said moments later. Babe? He pushed in front of some freshman, walking up to us, planting a kiss on my cheek. Everyone looked away uncomfortably.

As soon as Mason heard Jax's voice he quickly removed his hands away. What a loyal friend, right?

The bell rang which made me instantly walk away from my group of friends. After saying goodbye to the boys they walked upstairs while me, Andrea & Casey walked to Physics.

"Thank god it's senior year." I sighed. "I know, it's going to be fucking lit." Andrea cheered, skipping down the hallway. I hated that word with a passion. Me & Casey watched her with amused expressions.

"It's not going to be if Y/n doesn't have a date. You have to find a date this is fucking prom where talking about." Casey said, reminding me of my loneliness.

"Honestly, I'd rather stay home. Hopefully a handsome guy swoops off of me feet. Someone who actually respects me, treats me right, cares about me. I just want to be swept away." I sigh.  I instantly heard the fatal sound signifying that I got a another text message.

unknown number: be careful what you wish for baby ;)

That's when I knew.

A/N: Questions?
Ask in the comments.

July 19, 2015
10:52 p.m.