00:16

chapter sixteen |
Y o u r p o v

"Do it, you'll be doing me a favor." I spat.  I knew I had just basically begged him to kill me. —but for some ill reason, I regretted the words as soon as they escaped my careless lips.

My body was trembling from high anxiety & the possibility of dropping dead to the floor. Moments later a rush of warm tears poured from my eyes, flowing down my face. I hoped that he actually wouldn't kill me & that there was some ounce of humanity left in him.

I watched him as he looked profoundly into my eyes. He looked so—broken, so speechless. Looking into his eyes, I can see bottled up aggression & betrayal. I watched as a tear slowly rolled down his face. I had to blink a few times because I didn't believe that he was actually crying. Maybe he does have some humanity left in him...He stepped back, aiming the gun down. He looked down at his hands in shock, was he surprised by the fact that he was willing to almost kill me? Can't be. He used his flannel to wipe his tears, exposing some of his tattoos. A figure emerged from behind him: It was one of the guys that was in the car the night I was kidnapped.  Matt. He had a girl standing beside him, shocked by the scene that had just unfolded. She sent me a distressed look, almost looking like she felt sorry for me.

Jason eyes went from the gun in his hands to my tensed figure. He quickly shoved the gun the gun in Matt's hand, pushing past him in the process. What the hell just happened?

Matt gripped the gun in his hand, aiming it towards the ground. He handed it to Cara, who left the room. My eyes furrowed as she walked away. She isn't possibly leaving me with another criminal—again, after what had just happened? She's probably a criminal herself.

"Are you okay?" Matt's voice spoke softly. What kind of question is this?

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Let me walk out that door & I'll be ecstatic." I said sarcastically. He didn't take my smart mouth the way Jason would've. He stood there firmly, studying everything but the displeased look on my face. Eventually his girlfriend, Cara, entered the room. She confidently walked in, surprised by the awkward silence floating around in the room.

"This is Cara." He said, resting his arm around her shoulder. The slim girl waved her hand out, smiling unsurely. I assumed she was expecting me to greet her amiably as well as if I'm not in a unknown location—being held against my will. I studied her features, closely examining the texture of her hair to the color of her eyes. She had straight dirty blonde hair & her eyes resembled the pigment of the sea, I stood there, watching her with a inscrutable expression. So let me guess, they all steal the girls that they want?

"I'm Matt." He said, pointing to himself. Why do I need to know this exactly? I didn't respond as I watched him stand there uneasily.

"Jason wanted you to have a female to talk to, speaking of him, I'll go see where he is." He says, trying to subtract himself from this awkward encounter. He placed a kiss on Cara's forehead, while walking down the long hallway. He then takes a sharp turn. The house was so extensive, I felt as though it could've possibly had a door that led to Narnia. Her eyes led to mines, sensing that I wasn't in the mood to talk about anything with her.

"And you must be Y/n." She asked, already knowing the answer to her own question. Her eyes scanned over my body at least 2 times. I didn't answer her question, I simply stood there watching her blankly.