chapter 4

The drive to our home goes in silence, no one speaks a single word, but me just remembering what happened and cry with no sound. What a really good day to start my life in college, I was about to be raped and this is the first time to happen for me.

What if Duke didn't show up? Would they hurt me? I mean physically? Will I lose my virginity? The thought of losing my virginity in this way makes me cry even more. I always want to lose my virginity to the right person, the person who I'm sure I'll last with or at least to be sure that we will fight for our love to last forever and always not in this way. No girl wants to lose her virginity in this way but I would hate my life even more if that happened.

Although I loved my ex boyfriend Tucker so much, I wasn't sure that we will last together that's why I wasn't sure we could sleep together. We were always making out only. I fought so many times for oir relationship and forgave him for all his mistakes and his shit, he was fucked up but I fought for him, until I knew that he was cheating on me. I can't handle it. How could I? I wasn't surprised that we broke up and ended everything but I was surprised that we broke up because of him cheating on me, I believed that he loved me and I was surprised even more that he tried for only one time to apologize. All the memories play in my head and I cry again harder because I'm so naïve and boys who I know and don't know use me.

I put my head on the car window and stare through it aimlessly.

"Can you please stop crying, I hate when anyone cries in front of me because I don't know what to do in those situations. Nothing happened so stop crying" he breaks the silence.

"Are you really asking me not to cry?" I ask with shaky voice. I can't believe him.

"Yes" he nods.

"Okay" I don't want to say anything rude now especially that he helped me minutes ago and I should thank him so I just said that but he's cold. So cold. Too cold.

I'm relieved when we approached the apartment because I really don't feel so comfortable in his car.

We hop from the car and he opens the front door letting me enter first. I make my way to my room and lay in my bed hugging my pillow. What a nice day.

God what did I do to let all these happen to me? Loosing half my family, panic attacks and medicines every night, living with a cruel guy under one roof and two guys tried to rape me on my first day for college. I don't deserve all these.

But again, to my surprise this cruel guy is the same guy who helped me, he saved me. I don't know what would happen if he didn't show up.

I look at my phone to see what time it is, it's 1:30 p.m. I'm starving, I didn't eat all my breakfast and I didn't have my lunch either, but I have no energy to call and order anything now.

A knock on my door cut my thoughts. Quickly removing my tears with my hands and straighten up.

"Come in" I say.

"Mia.... are you okay now?" Duke opens the door and asks.

"Yes, I'm okay" I answer and nod

He looks at the room which I completely changed with my photos with my family and posters of my favorite celebrities.

"Okay" he nods and turn around to leave

"Duke wait" I say quickly and he turns around nodding to me to say what I want to say.

"Thank you for helping me" I didn't know what to exactly say. I wanted to say thank you for helping me, you saved me, I don't know what would happen if you didn't show up, but I don't want to sound too cheesy so I ended up saying those words.