Chapter 12

I open my mouth twice to say anything but no words come. He always surprises me by his words either good or bad they always surprise me. I don't say or do anything but make sure that my mouth is closed.

"Go. Go to your brother and leave the fuck here, I don't want you these days near me either" he moves his hands in the air dramatically.

I stay still in my place not moving a feet and don't speak a word either. I want to tell him that I'll do what the hell I want and if what I want is to stay here I'll stay here, he won't tell me what to do but my brain now isn't connected with my tongue at all.

He walks away to his room and closes the door after him.

"I just want to tell you that if I want to stay here I will. You will never tell me what I should do" I can't help but stand in front of his door and yell those words.

I take my bag and head out of the apartment to take a taxi and go to Jake.

Jake doesn't know anything about William... ugh Duke he doesn't know anything about Duke, I didn't tell anyone of my family about chatting with Duke because I know well that they would have never liked this idea and they would be against me so I chose not to tell anyone even Lucie.

I've been ignoring Jake's calls the entire day because I don't know what I will say to him yet so I only texted him saying that I can't answer his calls using the excuse of having a busy day and classes.

I take a taxi and go to Jake's house. You made me say what I feel. His words play in my head, what's the problem if he says what he feels. So all what he did is because he said that he didn't want me to leave as much as he wanted the other to leave and that he doesn't want me to leave the apartment now. He wants you to stay for his own good, my subconscious says.

She's right he wants me to stay only because he doesn't want anyone else to share the apartment with him, he doesn't want to get annoyed but wants to stay with the poor Mia who doesn't do anything except yelling whenever he is being a jerk and that doesn't affect him. As much as I want to turn back to the apartment again and pack all my things and leave it there forever, I don't want to do this, I don't want to be the loser one and leave the apartment.

He said that I ignore him and that I'm rude with him and I'm so proud of that, I mean I finally pissed him off and make him feel what I feel whenever he's a jerk to me, actually this dissolves a little the sick feeling in my stomach.

I stand in front of the front door of the house waiting for them to open it. I don't wait for long until Jonnah opened the door.

"Hey buddy" I stand on my knees to hug him and he hugs back tightly.

"I missed you Mia" the little voice says.

"Me too. I'll stay here for two days and we'll play all the time" I say and he grins.

"Mia" Jake walks over to me after I take my seat on the coach.

"You alright. You know you could have answered me or at least told me anything in a text" I can tell he's angry.

"I texted you and there's nothing you should worry about, I'm okay." I say with a smile to assure him that I'm fine.

"Jonnah you can stand with your mom in the kitchen" Jake says to his son.

"I want to stay with Mia"

"Your mom needs a man beside her now. Go" Jake smiles at his son then he nods and leaves.

"What happened yesterday? How did he know? Did he do something to you?" He asks question after question.

"Calm down nothing happened. He came yesterday and we talked, he told me that he followed me to the graves when I went there so he knew why I was there when he heard me talking to them and he would never hurt me physically or anything" I lie.

I didn't lie about him following me but I lied that he knew everything when I went there and I lied about that we just talked because we weren't talking we were yelling.

"What? How dare he? He really followed you?" He raises his voice.

"Yes. But don't worry I made him regret it" I lie again. I'll lie in these two days more than ever.

"Mia" Lucie enters the room and hugs me.

"Jake told me about yesterday. What happened?"

I tell her what I just told Jake and I lie again.

"Oh I don't like this guy at all" she says disgusted.

"Yeah" it's all I manage to say.

Honestly now I don't know whether I like him or not. I like him as William the one who's kind to me and helps me with his simple words through messages but this person who I know now and live with I don't like even talking to him except when he's decent. I've never seen and will never see a person like him, a person with so many personalities each personality is different from the other.

"Dinner is ready if you want to eat" she interrupts my thoughts.

"Yeah I'm hungry" I say quickly.

We all sit on a table and begin to fill our plates.

"You won't turn back to this apartment again, I mean it Mia" Jake breaks his silence

"What? No I have no where to live in" I say after swallowing the food in my mouth.

"You have. Here."

"No Jake, I can't and I don't want to because I want to depend on myself"

"And I don't want you to live with him" he says slowly.

"Jake I know that you care about me but I'm eighteen a few months and I'll be nineteen, I'm an adult you don't have to worry about me" I try my best to calm down myself.

"You better live with your family than him and you'll depend on yourself too if you want me not to spend any money on you okay I won't spend any money on you. It doesn't mean when you're still living with your family that you're a child and don't know how to depend on yourself"

"I'm with Mia. She's not a child anymore and she knows well what she should do and whenever she needs us our house is always open for her and I'm sure if there's anything wrong she will come to us" Lucie says putting her hand on his to calm him.

He sighs and give in and I give Lucie a thankful smile. I'm grateful that she's on my side at least I know that I'm not moving in the wrong way.

"Why did you bring another bag with you?" Lucie changes the subject.

"Yeah, I forgot that I've already packed one" I chuckle.

I finish eating and help Lucie in the kitchen. We decide that we will work tomorrow on their green house and I'm waiting impatiently for this. I love green houses and working on them. I execuse myself and make my way to my bedroom to sleep.

I lay on my bed swimming in my thoughts about Duke. I want something to distract me from this thoughts I want to sleep and I need to, I didn't sleep from yesterday how couldn't I be able to sleep.

I hear a knock on the door then someone opened my bedroom door, I wonder who will enter my bedroom now. I turn on the light to see Jonnah.

"Hey" he smiles sheepishly.

"Hey. What do you want Jonnah?" I ask

"I want to sleep beside you" he whispers cupping his hands on his mouth.

"Why are you whispering me?" I whisper cupping my hands on my mouth as well.

"Because I asked daddy to sleep with you but he said no as not to bother you so I decided to ask you because this is your bed. May I?"

"Sure buddy. Come here" I open my arms for him and he jumps on the bed and lay in my arms.

Few seconds and I drift into a deep sleep. Thanks to Jonnah.