Chapter 19

The sunshine is directed to my eyes so I open my eyes and yawn. I still feel his hands around me.

I sit properly to close the curtains and continue sleeping but I find Duke is sleeping half naked beside me.

I begin to remember what he said to me the last night. Did he really mean what he said?.

Of course no he was drunk and out of his mind.

Drunk people always say everything in their hearts and minds without thinking. My subconscious says to me.

No. No this can't be true. He couldn't have kissed my shoulder. He couldn't have told me that he doesn't like me talking to Ian. He couldn't have been jealous. He was looking at every single girl passed by him yesterday. I won't let him know that he can redden my cheeks and I won't let him know that he makes me think about everything he did.

I look at him and smirk. Yes I'll do this right now. I'll freak the shit out of him.

"What the hell are you doing here, Duke!" I jump on the bed and yell.

He screams and jumps from the bed. Poor Duke.

"Fuck Mia. What the hell is that? You freaked the shit out of me" he yells.

"Oh my god duke i trusted you ! "I shook my head dramatically "you told me you would sleep on the floor and wouldn't touch me,how could you !" I told him. He was beginning to freak out, I smirked inwardly to myself.

"I didn't touch you,I swear!" Oh I'm the best actress ever.

"I slept here because sleeping on the floor sucks. trust me I didn't touch you" he raises his hands in defense. A massive applause to me.

"Your hand was around my waist when I woke up" I sit on the edge of the bed.

"Mia, I'm telling the truth why don't you just believe me? I was sleeping and completely unaware of my movements" he sits beside me.

"So you didn't put your arm around me on purpose?" I ask looking at the ground, I don't want to meet his eyes. I want this film to continue and if he meet my eyes, he'll know that I'm lying in a second.

"No" he looks on the ground.

"You didn't kiss me?"

"No" he answers after a few seconds.

Liar liar go fire.

I smile at him and ask him what will we do today.

"Go to a park?" He answers with another question.

"Sounds good"

"I'll make the breakfast" he says and almost stands up.

"Teach me how to make omelette  this time" I smile sheepishly.

"I can't believe that you can't cook it" he chuckles.

"Zac never liked it so I never tried to know how to cook it" I shrug and he smiles at me.

He stands up and goes to his closet and picks up a baby blue V T-shirt and wears it on his white loose boxers.

"Oh Mia, you like my body that much?" He smirks. I didn't know that I'm eyeing him until now

"Shut up Duke. You're dreaming if you thought that I'll like anything about you"

Liar liar go fire. Definitely his body is on fire with his six packs, abs and V line.

"Oh, you hurt me Hendricks" he puts his hand on his heart dramatically.

"C'mon girl admit that I'm hot it's so easy. See me, you're hot Mia. It's easy"

"Are you flirting with me Mr. Williams?" I fold my arms and he chuckles then gets out of the room.

He goes directly to the kitchen and I go to wake up Jonnah and Stella.

I open the door to see the two of them playing with the electric train again. God don't they get bored?

"Morning guys" I smile at them and begin to fold their blankets.

"Morning" they respond while playing with their train.

"We're making breakfast. Aren't the both of you hungry?" I sit beside them as maybe they will look at me.

"I want pancakes" and finally stella concentrates with me and shows me her wide smile with a sleepy eyes and unbrushed teeth.

"You will find whatever you want to eat but first the both of you have to brush your teeth comb your hair and dress up"

They go to the bathroom and me following them as if I'm the child one here and they are my leaders and then the three of us begin to wash their teeth

"Mia" Duke called out.

"Coming just wait a minute" I say with a muffled voice.

I brush my teeth then head to my room again to change my clothes. What should I wear? Honestly, this morning is one of the bests and I just want everything to be perfect, so I want to look perfect too.

Searching for my favorite red top, but unfortunately I don't find it so I end up choosing my green top and white jeans then I stand in front of my mirror to comb my hair, apply foundation, blush to redden my cheeks although I know that they will be redden by his actions or words, mascara and of course I put on my colorless lenses.

"Miaaaaaa" Duke called again.

"Coming Duke coming"

I jog to the kitchen to see Duke cutting cheese and tomatoes.

"I'm here" although he's giving me his back, I smile anyway.

He turns around and eyes me from head to toes then he looks at my face for a few seconds.

Inhale....exhale.

He turns around without a single word and continue cutting tomatoes.

" Umm, your sister wants pancakes" I say while getting out eggs from the fridge and he does nothing other than nodding.

Minutes passed while I stand still in my place and him stealing glances at me. I really want to break the silence, because this silence isn't expected at all. Silly as I am, I grab a fork and press it in his back.

"Ohh what's that?" He turns around quickly and I smile sheepishly.

"C'mon what's up? You were so friendly minutes ago. Who clicked the button and changed you to the other face?"

"Which face" I can tell he's trying to hide his smile.

I tried to make a straight cold face as much as I can to mock him then I take the knife and start to cut the tomatoes which are already cut then make his habit which is rubbing his neck from time to time and steal glances at him.

Ugh.. Do I stare at him that much that I already know his habit?

I can't believe that the laugh I just heard is his, because I thought that maybe he will roll his eyes and continue whatever he was doing or say something cold and rude, but he laughed. What a moody man! Is he on his period or something?

"So you took that long to come here to look that pretty?" He asks and I can feel my mouth is opened widely like an opened oven.