Chapter 8

Rusty closes the passenger seat door and I lay my head on the window.

"No you're not coming today" Duke says.

"What? You skip me for her?" Lacie asks

"No I'm not but look at her Lacie. not today" he says.

I want to say that I'm not going to let anyone come to my home and mess out and I want to get out from this car but my head is too heavy to do all this.

He hops in the car and he smells like cigarettes, I hate this smell. The ride is silence and I try my hard not to sleep until he turns on the radio and I sleep on the song.

I feel a hand shakes my arm, I opem my eyes to see that the car door os opened and Duke is standing in front of it.

"We're here" he says and begim to walk towards the building.

I stand up and close the door, he doesn't lock his car.

"You didn't lock your car" I yell in a drunken voice.

He eaises his left hand and locks the car from his keys then I hear the sound of the lock. I laugh, I don't know why but I just do.

"Can you walk a little faster?" he turns and stand behind me then pushes me gently towrds the elevator.

He opens the front door and leads me to the living room. I lay on the coach and stare at the ceiling.

"I made tea for you" he gives me a cup

"Thanks" I straighten up then take the cup from him and sit it on the table, it's too hot.

"Why did you drink this much?" He sits beside me.

"I don't know.... I wanted to have fun" I shrug.

I don't want to talk to him and I don't want to sit beside him in the same room either, but I'm really so tired and I'm happy now I don't want a fight plus I'm drunk I don't want to say things I don't want to.

"You can have fun without drinking too much" he shakes his head

"How could I have fun while you're in the same place with me?" I laugh.

"Why couldn't you?" He furrowed his eyebrows. He really doesn't know?

"Because I hate you as much as you hate me and I'm always afraid you insult me in front of people again so I just ignore you and stay away from you and I did that today and I had fun with Char, Rusty, Ian and becca" I said it I don't want to get deep in the talk. Shit

"Drink your tea" he demands and I oblige.

"I want sugar" he takes the cup from me and disappears.

"I put another spoon of sugar" he sits beside me

We sit in silence and I keep playing with my fingers until I decide to go to my bed.

"Thank you for the tea" I stand up

"Wait..." he looks at me

"What?"

"Can you sit for a while I want to talk with you" I sigh and sit down again

"Are you still drunk?"

"I'm better than before but is this what you want to speak about?"

"No, what did Charlotte say to you?" He asks

"What would she say to me?" I laugh

"I'm the one who's asking here"

"Why are you asking?" I know exactly why