Chapter 9

"Hey" I say after I opened the car door.

I find Rusty in the driver seat, Char in the passenger seat, Ian and Beth are beside me.

"Hi" Rusty and Char say.

"You look pretty" Ian compliments and Beth nods smiling at me.

"Thank you" I smile "who will have dinner with us?" I ask

"Nate, Duke and Lacie, Rebecca won't come she's sick" Char responds

"Lacie" I whisper and roll my eyes

"Yeah Lacie. I don't like her either but you know in every group must be the girl who acts like a bitch most of the time" Ian says

"Ian!" Beth hit his shoulder.

"What? I don't like her at all" he laughs

"But she's our friend you better not talk about her this way" Beth says and he rolls his eyes. I can't help but laugh. I don't like her either and she's a bitch as Ian said so I'm not the only one who don't like her here. Everything here looks good even the people who are sitting here so the food must be as good as the place I assume.

We approach the restaurant, it's so big. I've never been in here before but wow, I'm sure I'll like the food here.

"You will like the food in here" Char reads my thoughts.

"that's what I was thinking about"

We sit on a big table at the back of the restaurant and minutes later Duke, Nate and Lacie join us. Although I don't like Lacie at all, she's really beautiful with her blonde her and perfect body. Duke looks nice too, he is wearing white round shirt, blue black jeans and white converse. The three of them are sitting opposite from us and Lacie is between them.

"Ready to order your food?" The waitress asks us

"Yeah, I think I'll order pepperoni pizza with beer" Ian says.

"And two plates of seafood pasta" Char says and Rusty kisses her on her cheek, sure the other plate is for Rusty.

The waitress looks at me to take my order but I haven't decided yet what to eat I've never been here.

"I think you can take their orders before me. I'm not sure what to take" I say politely. She takes their orders and now it's my turn. The three of them also ordered pizza. What is with pizza here?

Duke ordered his food without saying please, thanks or even giving her a smile. Rude as always.

"We have burger and fries, chicken pasta, seafood pasta, pizza..." the waitress suggests.

"Burger and fries?" It comes out more as a question. I want to sound more confident. "I'll take burger and fries no mustard and Coke, please" She smiles at me and dissappears

"Duke why didn't you change your clothes before coming here? We won't have enough time to change your clothes after dinner" Ian groans

"I won't change I'll go like this" Duke brushes his neck.

"What? We all agreed that we will wear blue shirts in the performance" Ian says

"The three of you agreed, I won't wear a blue shirt. It's ridiculous man"

"I think it would be fun" Beth says

"It sounds ridiculous. Not my thing" Duke says.

Not his thing? Why is he so arrogant?

"Dude you should have...." Ian goes but I cut him off.

"Why?" I ask and Duke looks at me. Why what?