Part 33

(RANDHEER'S NARRATION CONTINUES)

Chhotu was as happy as a child... she was actually freaking out about what to do.. and what not.... Aunty seemed to be quiet contented our little den.... what... what did I just say.. "our den???".. no.. no.... that was only her... yet... It was almost habit for me these days... in fact Sahil too... after office... we directly went to their flat... have tea.. rush to our rooms.. freshen up... and again rush back... and chat till late hours... even sometimes.. we stayed there.... the girls shifted in one room.. we in the other... It felt so much like my own room....

We had a delicious dinner that night.... yummm... all bong delicacies.... I so loved them.... and then I made a mistake.... "aunty... why don't you come to our place tomorrow???"....I blarted... every one was like "what".... sahil kicked me below the table... don't know why... chhotu and Trisha giggled... "Not a bad idea Rony... in fact... I can tell Renuka about how good you are doing here...".. aunty said with a smile.... Oh no... mom should not know about my life style... god... I have to rush.. otherwise aunty won't be able to enter the house even... and if that news goes to mom... I am dead... "please excuse us"... I dragged Sahil.. and in next moment were in my flat....

Gosh... its almost 1 'o' clock now... I have been cleaning the floor for the past two hours... huh.. damn why did I even invite her... Sahil was cursing me... I dumped all the into bin... the ashes of the cigarettes were just too much for me... my phone buzzed... "having a good time Mr. Shekhawat"... huh... chhotu I will pay you back for this taunt... i continued cleaning.... then my shirts... I really couldn't make difference.. whether they were washed or unwashed... how could I... this was chhotu's department... she took care of all these things... but today she could not come... and the last week she had a tough schedule.. yeah.. that's right... chhotu used to take care of everything... my laundry.. my food... I didn't even realise when did I become so dependent on her.... anyways.. I somehow managed.. though poorly...

It was noon time... when the three ladies entered my den... chhotu looked at me first.. then the room... then.. winked to Trisha... the girls were giggling silently.. I really couldn't get what was so funny....

Aunty almost got a shock as she entered my room.... but somehow she controlled... I made a face and the girls.. they just burst into laughter... i mean seriously man... they should not laugh like that... and for that cherry on the top... suddenly my wardrobe door opened.. and most of my clothes fell... ya.. i didn't fold then just had stuffed them inside.. even didn't lock the door.... "nice arrangement Rony"... aunty passed a sarcastic comment...

The kitchen was worse... even I didn't wish to enter...yet she stepped inside.. honestly she tip-toed... she gave a horrified look.... i was about to explain something... "don't worry Rony... I am here na... I will help you out".... I sighed... thank god.. Sahil had arranged the dinner from some restaurant...

I was learning to stitch buttons... gosh... this was so difficult... the needle pricked my finger almost five times by now... "is this really necessary to learn???" "ofcoarse necessary beta.... you were rejecting shirts just for those buttons....".. she replied politely... why do i even need that.... when her daughter did everything... "sanyu is here for just five months.." aunty said.... hey wait wait... how could she read my mind??? But then I hit a unwanted reality.... chhotu will be leaving after four months... I felt a half of me crying..."ouucchhh"... this was the sixth time the needle pricked... "leave it rony..".. aunty ordered.. quiet making a face... I was relieved.... "lets head towards the kitchen...."...

Chopping onions... damn man... "men don't cry- men don't cry".. i kept chanting and encouraging myself... aunty laughed quizzically.... she was talking of those days.. when my dad and uncle were posted in the same city... I was a few months old... and chhotu was not born yet... I felt the thrills... i learnt making the basic daal. And some sabji....yupp.. al these months when I was all alone... me and sahil most of the times bought our food... or survived on noodles... suddenly I felt how women manage these things...really... suddenly my respect for them reached the sky...

It was a mid-week... I was waiting for chhotu.. In her office cafe... "hey... you could have come to our flat right??".. she chirped while sitting... "something private".. i quipped... she suddenly went serious... "whats wrong???"... "marry me"... I said in a very serious tone.... she was drinking water... she spat it.... she was shocked.. horrified... and what not... "are you nuts...??? have you lost it???" she was too taken aback by my sudden proposal...

�,WN1m�