Part 48

(SANYUKTA'S NARRATION CONTINUES...)

Randheer was crying like hell... I didn't know how to stop him... the only thing I knew was that... the mother-son had to be given some time.. some really-really personal time... to sort the things out... and make everything fall into right places... "Randheer.... shhh... nhi rote... sb thik ho jani hai..." I was trying to console him... but he didn't seem to listen to anything... his eyes told me he needed me badly right then... but this step could be fatal to our relationship.... at least at this crucial time... I asked Riddhi to take him to room... and rushed to my room....

After collecting myself from the massacre that just occurred... I headed towards auntie's room.... knocked the door... Uncle opened the door... but I could not look at him... he left the room... I was just about to step forward when... "Stop right there.."... auntie ordered with much coldness.... I preferred to look down... she came towards me... I was just too frightened to look at her... so was shutting my eyes tight... "so you knew about this side of Randheer???".. I was shocked... For the first time she addressed him as 'Randheer' and not 'bittoo'.... "you knew about his hellish deeds..???".. she kept questioning me.... "why did he do this... you are his best friend.. his soul mate... his everything... how come Tutu.. tere rahte hue... usne kisi aur ladki k sath... chhhiiii....".... she again started crying... wait wait... what did she say.. 'mere rhte hue..kisi aur ladki....' I mean... really..?? did she accept me for her son... no what was it.... "auntie... please stop crying... please... Randheer didn't do anything in his senses... wo to aapke principles k sath bada hua hai auntie... how can he do such a thing... don't you have faith in your upbringing..??? don't you trust your own son...."... I kept convincing her in every possible way... but she.... "but those photographs..??? they aren't fake right..!!!".. now how could I say her that her son imagined me.. assumed me in that girl while doing all these.... i again started.... "Auntie... that girl.. Vidushi.. she had drugged his drink... and he was not into any senses...this was intentional... so that she could steal the report file... so as to she could go to Zurich...instead of Randheer...".. Auntie looked directly into me.... instantly I remembered... It was for me Randheer rejected the offer.... I again looked down... "Auntie please trust your son... please..."... "do you trust my son???" I was startled at this moment... what sort question is that... I mean obvio I trust him.. that's why I am here... " I trust him to death"....i replied... some more questions... about how did I come to know about Vidushi... and all... I told her the details.. starting from my job to his avoidance... then my training ... "you went to Pune.. just to see whether bittoo is fine???".. her eyes widened.... "yesss".. I replied feebly not to show how desperate I was then to find out about her son... she caressed my cheek and... "send bittoo to my room...".. my heart lightned... again from 'Randheer' to 'Bittoo'..... I happily left her... and called out Riddhi loud to send her bhaiyaa to his mom....

I was still in haze... about just happened that eve... Randheer's other uncle-aunties were just too sweet... they didn't budge into this family drama... and left it alone.. neither they were discussing about it... i liked this family... another cousin of his... Randeep entered.... he was of our age.... "didi... dont worry.... they will be fine... and as much I know.... bade chacha chachi.. immensely like you...".. he gave a smile... seriously... his words did bring a smile on my face too.... "thank you...".. i chipped.... "oh han... chachi called you after sometime....

After a good ten minutes I went to her room.... could not anticipate about the air in it... "Come here Tutu..." she signalled to sit beside her... Randheer had already left.. i sat on one corner of the bed making sure to take the minimum area... suddenly.. she held my wrist and slipped a bangle type thing into my hand... i was hell shocked... "pushtaini kada hai.... passing onto generations..." My eyes gleamed... "we were at doubt when Bittoo had rejected his project offer... but i am very sorry for that my dear child... I and your uncle can bet.. we couldn't find a better bride than you for our bittoo....".. I hugged her tightly... "thank you auntie.."... "uuhhun... Thanks to you Tutu.. for being there with our son every moment.. even when we failed to remain...she said breaking the hug and wiping her tears.... "you know what bacchaa.... not just this Vidushi matter... from the day you have come here... i have noticed you eagerly... you never answered back.. even when I spoke coldly to you.. you never uttered a single thing to bittoo.. neither.. in these two days.. you have even tried to go to his room... and even now when I asked you to call him... you didn't choose to go his room... you value our elders' thought so much beta???? I love you..."... "I love you too auntie...".. I chirped... but... "okay okay... now go and love bittoo.. he is craving for you...".. what???? I mean what did she just say???? I mean... really??? Officialy even now I was her son's girl friend... i blushed hard... still hesitating to go... "what.... 2nd corridor 3rd room...".. auntie blurted again... "no run"...

I was in his room the next moment.... and the whole room was like... filled up with photographs... of uncle auntie... of college... of the whole family.. of office.. everywhere... but what surprised me most was... my photographs were not with the college ones.. but were pasted on the side of uncle-auntie.. this was really a pleasure.... a familiar pair of arms caged me... "thank you baby"... he hushed... and i felt a soft peck at my neck......!!!!