Part 40

Part 40: (SANYUTA'S NARRATION CONTINUES..)

The train started.... with every passing moment I was physically going away from Randheer.... but emotionally drawing more closer to him... his continuous stare was killing me... his pain... i could feel it in me... and finally... I had the last glimpse of him...

Next morning... Kolkata.... aaahhh.... back to my home after F.I.V.E long months.... I inhaled the smell of the city as much as I could.... Papa was out of the station for 45 days... I so very hate papa's tours... I reached home within an hour.. and welcomed with a huge hug.. warm embrace from mumma... the whole day we chipped about various things.... starting from "I grew thin".. to "I became untidy".. to "Rony has been a great support".. and all... I had to join the very next day....

Soon it was night... and we retired to our respected rooms.... as I was very tired of the journey.. I badly wanted to sleep... but before that... I called him up...

"sent you a pic... check it".. Randheer chipped.... hey.. that's my favourite tee... what?? What was doing those things...?? "Randheer... tune meri tee q maar li???".. i glared... "tabhi to.. tabhi to... see.. ab apna tee wapas chahye to jaldi se Pune aaja...".. he smirked... "ab ye kya bachpana hai??" I yelled... "okay.. okay... leave it...."... Randheer continued... "did you talk to uncle-aunty about us??? Fix the dates soon..."... "huh... Rony.... are you seriously out of your minds... its not even 24 hours that I have come here... give me some time atleast... moreover papa is not here now... let him return...".. I replied in a breadth.... "acchha sun... tere foreign project ka kya hua??? Kb ja rha..???" I asked him finally successful in changing the topic... he chipped with very much of disinterest... "arey.. sb mast chal rha... tu tension mt le.. bs bta na... shadi kb karegy????".... uugghhh... this boy.... "maine suna hai ladke shadi se bhagte hain... but tu to..." i chipped in irritation.... "I love you na.... bta... kaise dur rahun tere se....." he pouted.... "I love you too Rony... but see... everything has a perfect timing na..????".... "okay..."... after a few more words... we soon dozed off....

"good morning babu"... I woke up with mumma's wishes.... and soon I realised I was late.... i dashed to the bathroom.... oh shit... I forgot my bathrobe... but okay... only mom ya was there.... nothing to worry... soon I was done.. and came out in a towel.... only to find... mumma was ironing my office clothes in my room... "love you mumma....".. i chipped... and started applying some moisturiser... but everything cannot be that perfect right... and I am no exception.... I never anticipated what was happening...

"what is this??" mumma asked curtly....pointing to the mark given randheer yesterday... yes the love bite.... shit.. how could i be so careless.... "mumma..." i tried to explain.... but .. but..... thassshhhhh..... she slapped me.... first time in all these 23 years.... mumma raised her hands on me.... "I trusted you.... and this is the reward you give....".. she was raging.... my eyes were beaming... she suddenly saw the tattoo... "so its Rony..??"... she asked again.... I kept mum... well... I understood.... it was none of our fault... my heart knew... Randheer's mark was just a token of your immense love and friendship... but obviously... no matter.... how much frank a mother is with her daughter... seeing their unmarried daughter with love bites is not at all acceptable.... "mumma... its not exactly what you are thinking...".. I pleaded was about to hold her palms.... but she moved back.... "don't touch me... is this the reward you give to your parents who always trusted you??? What mistake did we make in upbringing you...?? where was our fault???"... she shook me with all her might.... "mumma please listen to me... please..." I was continuously pleaded she continued.... "I knew you were going to meet Randheer.. but never thought you would end up doing this....".... " mumma... I love him... a lot... and he loves me too... this what you see is just situational... but please trust me... its not the way you are thinking... we did not have sex.."... finally I blurted out... thus inviting another slap.... "have you lost your manners to.. this is the choice of words..."... but somewhere... I sensed some relief... and then I knew to my heart.. that she believed... ya.. I never broke her trust... but falling in love with someone... to be marked by him.. being in limits is not wrong... but I understood mom's outlook... and she was behaving exactly like a mother should... she had every right to slap me... she did... but actually what I was worried about that she misunderstood the whole matter... she was absolutely numb... when i finally gathered some courage... and went upto her... "mumma.. mumma..."... she didn't reply... "mumma..." I tapped her bit.... but to my horror.... she collapsed.... with a stream of blood running down from her nose..... "MUMMMAAAAA"......